Sublime Forum

Find/Replace in all files + Directory Browser + Symbol list

Sorry to cram all these feature requests on a single post but i’d rather not spam the forum.

Overall I’m loving it: the editor is fast and the key-bindings choice is very sensible (aka: I don’t have to relearn anything)

The features I’d love the most (besides a solid support for encoding as you have in EditPadLite) are:

• find/replace that works across all open files – like in EditPadLite
  • directory browser (usually i open only the files i’m working with and having a list of all files in my folder/project helps me remember where is what i might be looking for next) – like in eclipse
  • symbol list to jump to functions --like in eclipse
  • visible line margin

Once you’ll have this it’s gonna be the best editor around (and I’ve tried all the others!) :wink:

Thanks for listening
Lorenzo

0 Likes

Ops, just found that the visible line margin is already there :wink:

L

0 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it!

They’re all in the todo list, with project support being the next major feature to come, and multi-file find / replace not too long afterwards.

0 Likes

Hi, just wondering if you have an ETA on the replace in files feature?

0 Likes

“Replace in files” must be probably the most handy tool aiding code refactoring (right after “find in files”). Can we get a status update on this issue?

0 Likes

that will be handy tool…

0 Likes

it just do not show progress of replacinng…

I have pressed CTRL+SHIFT+F, and nothing happened, I press again, again and after about 10-25mins I get:
do you want replace 500occurences in 200files? and I get as much qestions as I have pressed ‘replace’ button…
After this I get my CPU slow down about 1-2minutes and get opened so much files:

first of all: I do not see filenames - allow to configure minimal length of tab
second: they go avay from monitor =) - allow to multi line tabs. If no space for tab - start tab from new line.

0 Likes

I was very confused by this post as I began reading from the top of the thread. Would you mind making a new thread instead of posting on really old ones?
If you have that many tabs open, I’d recommend using the sidebar instead. You may be able to change the minimum tab width by changing the theme file, but I don’t use tabs so I don’t really know a lot about them.
Thanks!

0 Likes

they were opened after find/replace in files :neutral_face:

0 Likes