Sublime Forum

Switch back and forth between two tabs

In windows, you can switch back and forth b/t 2 windows with quick alt+tab, ignoring all other windows. I like to be able to do the same in sublime, switching back and forth b/t 2 tabs, regardless what other tabs there are, something like prevActiveView

0 Likes

ctrl+tab

0 Likes

maybe ctrl+tab does something different for you. for me, it just goes to the next tab in the cycle. I want to switch to the previous active view, no matter where it is.

say I have 10 views opened A B C D E F G H I J, I want to switch back and forth between C and H, using the same key binding, b/c very often I’m focused on just 2 files out of the ones I have opened, e.g., I’m copying text from one to the other. I could rearrange the tabs so C and H are next to each other, but I still have to think whether to hit ctrl+tab / ctrrl+pgdn or ctrl+shift+tab / ctrl+pgup. That’s more work than I want to do :smile:

0 Likes

1. select C with either mouse or ctrl+tab
  2. select H with either mouse or ctrl+tab (keep ctrl pressed if using ctrl+tab)
  3. now release ctrl
  4. when using ctrl+tab you will be back to C
  5. now release ctrl
  6. when using ctrl+tab you will be back to H

they key is to release the ctrl key when jumping back and forth.

0 Likes

Also, you may want to check that ctrl+tab is bound to nextViewInStack, and not nextView: the latter always selects the view to the left/right

1 Like

that’s it! mine was bound to nextview. thanks.

1 Like