Sublime Forum

Emmet (ex-Zen Coding) for Sublime Text 2

Pretty weird that no one said anything about this one: github.com/sergeche/emmet-sublime

Did anyone tried? Any impressions?

0 Likes

As i know it is still in beta
waiting for release
this tool should be even more powerful than zen coding

0 Likes

The emmet plugin will eventually supplant the existing, end of line, ZenCoding plugin for SublimeText, which will never receive another update.

I recommend testing it out and filing feedback.

0 Likes

Iā€™ve been using it already a bit. Looks really solid. p10 āŠ• tab to generate padding:10px; is perfect!
There are some issues with snippets in HTML, which stop working with emmet if the default tab is used for completions github.com/sergeche/emmet-sublime/issues/9 - I had to change this behaviour.

0 Likes

Can anyone explain how to make it work?
I am installing plugin via package control, but sublime has no reaction - emmet hot keys don`t work, there is no new commands in command panel and there is no entry in console at program start up.

0 Likes

I just installed it - kicks ass. I prefer it over ZenCoding any day :smile:

0 Likes

I used to be able to create a new document and hit shift-control-option-H to set the language to html and insert an html5 basic skeleton. With emmet installed this doesnā€™t work.

I have to save the empty document as an html file, then I can type html:5 TAB to get the same code. Any idea why?

0 Likes

It also doesnā€™t show up for me in Package Control. I had to clone it from github.

0 Likes

It does say on the readme partā€¦

[quote]How to install
Clone git repo into your packages folder (in ST2, find Browse Packagesā€¦ menu item to open this folder)
Restart ST2 editor
Or with package control:

Package Control: Add Repository github.com/sergeche/emmet-sublime
Package Control: Install Package emmet-sublime
Restart ST2 editor
You should remove or disable previous Zen Coding plugin, installed from Package Control, in order to operate properly.[/quote]

0 Likes

Iā€™ve been using it for a couple of days and Iā€™m loving those new smart snippets (p10 -> padding: 10px;), but Iā€™ve noticed some annoying issues with the new ā€œexpand unknown tagsā€ behavior. If I try to expand ā€œphpā€ in a html scope, iā€™ll get instead of <?php ?>.

0 Likes

@weslly: i had the same issue. You can either disable completion or add this into emmet.sublime-settings from user directory (if itā€™s not there, copy it from emmet install folder):

"snippets": { // custom snippets definitions, as per https://github.com/sergeche/zen-coding/blob/v0.7.1/snippets.json "html": { "abbreviations": { "php": "<?php" } } },

This will do.

If still doesnā€™t play nicely, you can try to disable tab abbreviation completely:

"disable_tab_abbreviations": true

(in preferences file) Or bind it to a different shortcut.

0 Likes

I see now. I was unaware of the command Package Control > Add Repository.

0 Likes

I patched ZenCoding lib for the old plugin to only work with a known set of tags for this reason. I found it too greedy otherwise.

Remember to keep serge in the loop:
github.com/sergeche/emmet-subli ā€¦ state=open

I donā€™t know that he comes here that often.

0 Likes

Just in case, site with emmet documentation: docs.emmet.io/

0 Likes

Iā€™ve just switched from ZenCoding to Emmet, but now I canā€™t do CTRL + arrow key up/down for moving the viewport up and down. Does anyone know how to regain that functionality, without disabling emmet?

0 Likes

[quote]Increment/Decrement Number actions:

Increment by 1: Ctrl+ā†‘
Decrement by 1: Ctrl+ā†“
Increment by 0.1: Alt+ā†‘
Decrement by 0.1: Alt+ā†“
Increment by 10: āŒ„āŒ˜ā†‘ / Shift+Alt+ā†‘
Decrement by 10: āŒ„āŒ˜ā†“ / Shift+Alt+ā†“
[/quote]

Hrmm, yeah, it looks like it binds over it.

0 Likes

Emmet has lots of actions so itā€™s nearly impossible to create a keymap which can be convenient and not override any of your keyboard shortcut youā€™re using every day.
For this case, Iā€™ve added ability to disable default Emmet shortcuts in user preferences: github.com/sergeche/emmet-subli ā€¦ -shortcuts

0 Likes

Iā€™m trying and trying but it zen is not working for meā€¦
:cry:

0 Likes

Yap! Nice plugin for CSS. It is quite similar as chromeā€™s inspect element

0 Likes

Hi everyone.

I just started to learn HTML, and canā€™t figure out how to instal Zen coding in Sublime Text 2. Iā€™ve tried this packagecontrol.io/installation#st2 but it didnā€™t work.

Thanks.

0 Likes