Sublime Forum

New files & folders do not appear in sidebar

I’m having the same issue since the latest update - and this almost makes me want to go back to TextMate. Everytime I add or delete a file - I have to refresh folders to see them. This makes no sense. Is there really no fix for this?

I’m using build 2217 on OSX 10.8

Please don’t make me go back to textmate.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve encountered this too on Mac OS X 10.8 with build 2217 & it’s very annoying :frowning:

Jon - thanks for great editor :smile:

0 Likes

Same issue here on 2217, it’s really annoying since you have to restart sublime text to see the files is there a way to fix it ?

Thanks for this awesome app !

0 Likes

Same issue here OSX 10.8 and ST2 2217. My SideBar doesn’t sync when project is situated inside a Dropbox folder.

0 Likes

Same issue with same OS/ST2. Even removed all packages, but still not working.

0 Likes

I suppose it’s related to what I wrote earlier:

0 Likes

Hi,

same problem here with ST2 2217 and OS X 10.7.5

Everything worked perfecty until yesterday evening.
This morning the sidebar stopped to autorefresh.
Nothing changed in the project settings, nor do I have symlinked files. The problem affects the whole project tree.

I can use the sidebar to delete files and to create new ones… and they ARE created and deleted correctly. Still, it doesn’t update.
Same story if I create or remove a file using the terminal (either through a script or manually). It doesn’t update.

It had always updated automatically… until today I didn’t even know about the “project->refresh folders” menu option. :smile:

I tried to empty the application cache files and preferences, but to no result.

0 Likes

Hi there,

I’ve also just started having this problem. Am using OSX 10.8.2 & ST2 build 2217.

For me, files that were previously showing up, are no longer showing for some reason. Earlier, they did appear eventually after a good few minutes.

Hope we can get this fixed pretty quickly, as it’s really hindering my speed of work.

Other than that, love the app!

0 Likes

New Files Not Showing in Sidebar

I’m experiencing this as well under OS X 10.8.2, and can confirm that it’s not a package or preferences issue. Steps to replicate:

1. I removed “Application Support/Sublime Text 2”
  2. I installed the latest ST2 (Build 2217)
  3. I opened a folder (using “subl .”), created a new file within ST2, and saved it as “foo.txt” within that folder.

The sidebar does not show the newly-created file. It does appear if I run the “Project -> Refresh Folders” command. The same goes for deleting and renaming files and folders.

0 Likes

Oh, one important addendum: Installing the SideBarEnhancements package fixes the issue.

0 Likes

fyi - I’m seeing this consistently at home w/Linux Mint 13
but never at work where we use Ubuntu 10

At home it’s ext4 local disk.

At work it’s all NFS.

I’d expect more problems like this w/NFS.

0 Likes

This worked for me today. Thanks Trevor!

0 Likes

This is still an issue and needs to be fixed.

Using:
Ubuntu 12.10 x64
ST2 v2.0.1, Build 2217

0 Likes

[quote=“natewiebe13”]This is still an issue and needs to be fixed.

Using:
Ubuntu 12.10 x64
ST2 v2.0.1, Build 2217[/quote]

Had the same issue on Ubuntu 12.10 x64 but it was regression in new Ubuntu kernel(3.5.0-22-generic) that has strange issue with Inotify. Downgrading to 3.5.0-17-generic fixed sidebar autoupdate for me.

0 Likes

This is in fact the issue. I resolved this by upgrading to 3.5.0-23.

0 Likes

I am still having this issue on Ubuntu with 3.5.0-24. I love Sublime Text and use it on my mac at home but at work on my linux box this is a major pain.

0 Likes

Which build and version of ST? Also, I find this strange since I’m using that kernel and don’t experience this anymore. I had only experienced this regression on 3.5.0-22.

0 Likes

I’m using Sublime 3 on Ubuntu 12.04 x64, and haven’t Files and Folders sidebar at all. Is it a premium feature?

0 Likes

Just drag and drop a folder to the editor.

0 Likes

I have this issue on latest ubuntu 16.04 (64) with ste 3114. I have to reopen folder after each creating new file. How can I fix it?

0 Likes