Sublime Forum

Sublime text with Go programing language help set up

Hi all,

My name is Mar and i am new here, greetings! I need help setting up sublime text with go. I followed instruction on here, viechang.com/wp/index.php/2012/0 … n-windows/ There are few pages like this one that are identical, copy and paste. Well, im stuck at where i supposed to extract the GoImport, here, type cmd this cd %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2\Packages
git clone git://github.com/mkrautz/goimport.git GoImport to install git… on my machine i have AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages. However i extracted file there, new folder naming it “GoImport” but when i go to cmd i can’t find it or it does not recognizes. Yes, i know how to find the AppData, i even found all the folders sublime has under packages which has the Roam folder. Maybe it is something common, or maybe it is just me who saved all my applications on c:\folder\ whatever the case maybe i am very close on the link instructions after goimport installation i am ready to code with go. Thank you very much in advance.
Mar

0 Likes

Anyone? No one knows? How did you guys set up? Atleast those who program with Go?
Thanks again

0 Likes

No one knows? How do you guys installed on windows? I mean if you were programming with windows how did you install sublime with go programing language? I need this help very dearly guys…

0 Likes

Sorry, I’ve never used Go. Perhaps try the GoSublime package: github.com/DisposaBoy/GoSublime

0 Likes

I have tried that and i was installing that but the last step is where im stuck at by having the GoImport. blog.another-d-mention.ro/progra … n-windows/ this is the web i used to follow instructions. I need help on the part where i type on command promt. Thanks for the reply appreciated alot.

0 Likes

[quote=“Marthecool”]
I have tried that and i was installing that but the last step is where im stuck at by having the GoImport. blog.another-d-mention.ro/progra … n-windows/ this is the web i used to follow instructions. I need help on the part where i type on command promt. Thanks for the reply appreciated alot.[/quote]

GoSublime already supports package import/remove so unless you need specific functionality from GoImport you shouldn’t need to install it. Last time I tried it, months ago it didn’t work so maybe it hasn’t been updated since then. If GoSublime doesn’t work for whatever reason file a bug report (don’t comment here as I don’t frequent these forums).

0 Likes