Sublime Forum

Project settings folder_exclude_patterns not working

I’m having an issue with setting folder_exclude_patterns in my sublime-project file. Right now, I have this

[code]{
“folders”:

{
		"path": "/home/redjohn/projects/my-project",
		"folder_exclude_patterns": "doc", ".yardoc"]
	}
]

}[/code]

which isn’t working. If I put the same patterns in my global user settings, it works. Is there something I’m doing wrong, or is this a bug?

I’m on Ubuntu 11.10, using build 2139.

0 Likes

I have my settings out side of the folders property, and it doesn’t work there either. I didn’t think it was supposed to be within the folders object, is it?

{
	"folders":

{
			"path": "/Users/dave/git/PestNow3/pestnow"
		}
	],
	"folder_exclude_patterns": "tmp", "doc"],
        "file_exclude_patterns": "*tags"]
}
0 Likes

The Projects page in the documentation has it inside “folders”: http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/projects.html

0 Likes

I just checked in build 2158 and this is fixed now. Thanks.

0 Likes

I’m on build 2217 and this is still happening – I can successfully exclude file patterns in the user (or default) settings file, but not the project settings file – even following the exact syntax used on the documentation page here:

sublimetext.com/docs/2/projects.html

0 Likes

I was having the same issue with version 3.0 build 3143 and it turns out that I wasn’t using my sublime-workspace file. Every time I opened sublime I would go to my terminal and typed subl . on the project folder, so the problem with this is that it doesn’t load the workspace file (which stores the project file). So now I’m getting used to open my project with subl <workspace-file>.

0 Likes