Sublime Forum

ST2 hangs on file save MacOS

Since upgrading to ST2 2.0.1 build 2217 I have problems with it hanging when I save a file sometimes. I have to Force Quit and restart in order to be able to do anything else.

I’m running MacOS 10.7.4 (Lion) and have quite a few plugins installed:

• Alignment 2.0.0

• Bracket Highlighter 1.8.0

• DocBlockr 2.8.0

• Git 2012.08.12.14.47.48

• Package Control 1.5.0

• Prefixr 1.0.1

• SideBarGit 2012.08.08.15.12.58

• SublimeCodeIntel 1.3.0

• SublimeLinter 1.6.8

• WordHighlight 2012.05.23.15.30.40

The crash reports all look pretty similar, so here’s the latest one I have: pastebin.com/acDkZYK8

I’m not quite sure how to debug this one, so any hints/help would be appreciated. I also have not found any previous posts with a similar issue.

0 Likes

Any hints on this one? I’ll be happy to supply more information, I just don’t know what’s needed.

0 Likes

Most likely a plugin that’s causing the issue (but then in a perfect world a plugin should never be able to crash a host program). Try reverting to a freshly installed state and add one plugin at a time until it starts happening again.

0 Likes

Thanks quarnster, I’ll try that. If you don’t hear back on this, consider it solved, but I very much hope I’ll have the good sense to give an actual update here - it’ll likely take a while though since the hangs don’t occur all that often and other than the fact that they occasionally happen on a save, I don’t know what causes them.

0 Likes

So, weirdness - after I posted this, haven’t had further instances of ST2 hanging on me. Some of the plugins have been updated, maybe one of those got fixed. Dunno.

0 Likes