Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Completions package

Completions package

Postby agibsonsw on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:55 pm

I have completion files available at my GitHub for CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, PHP and Python. Feedback, however, is hard to come by, but I believe a few have found them useful.

I'm considering placing some, or all, on Package Control. Would you recommend them as separate items? If I bundle them all together then most people won't require them all and they are more likely to conflict with the users' other plug-ins/defaults. Is there a way to install the package but then disable specific completion files (other than just deleting the file(s))?

I might not do this with CSS as they would be confused with the defaults, and mine are perhaps a little quirky anyway.
I put a lot of effort into my PHP completions and they are much better (more up to date) than the defaults. However, it would require the user to delete the default PHP completion file(s).

I welcome advice, suggestions and/or feedback :). Andy.
agibsonsw

Re: Completions package

Postby dresende on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:51 pm

If you separate them, when installing all of them, will that be slower than having all of them together? If it's basically the same, I would publish them separately.
dresende

Postby agibsonsw on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 pm

dresende wrote:If you separate them, when installing all of them, will that be slower than having all of them together? If it's basically the same, I would publish them separately.

Thank you for your response. I suspect the difference would be very minimal. Andy.
agibsonsw

Postby Fed03 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:36 am

As always u have my complete support. Your completions are awesome! I use almost all of that.

P. S. Ok useless comment on this subject XD
Fed03

Postby agibsonsw on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Fed03 wrote:As always u have my complete support. Your completions are awesome! I use almost all of that.

P. S. Ok useless comment on this subject XD

Thank you very much - nice that my efforts are appreciated :)
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby agibsonsw on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:52 pm

My JavaScript and jQuery completions are now available via PackageControl as AndyJS, and Python completions and help as AndyPython.

The jQuery completions require a jQuery syntax file (there's one available via PackageControl) and for you to select jQuery as the syntax from the list at the bottom-right. Or, if you want both the JS and jQuery completions available all the time, then you could modify the jQuery completion-file's source to just "source.js".

If you prefer to use another packages' jQuery snippets, and just want my JS completions, then you could delete my jQuery completions file. (If you don't use jQuery then you could just leave as-is, as the file will be ignored.) The file is likely to be re-installed, though, on a future update or ST build.

My Python package includes a simple help system for many standard methods and functions. Just assign a key-binding for these, such as:

Code: Select all
{ "keys": ["shift+f1"], "command": "py_help" }

I put a lot of effort into PHP completions. It is much more up to date and complete than the standard completions, and many extension libraries are block-commented by default, so that they don't clutter the completions-list. But I haven't put it on PackageControl as it would require you to delete/move the standard completions file.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby Fed03 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 pm

agibsonsw wrote:.....
I put a lot of effort into PHP completions. It is much more up to date and complete than the standard completions, and many extension libraries are block-commented by default, so that they don't clutter the completions-list. But I haven't put it on PackageControl as it would require you to delete/move the standard completions file.

I was thinking about lately, maybe we could request to jonh (I don't know how) to add a simple behaviour to sublime.
Likewise the sublime settings files in the user folder overrride the default ones maybe he could add the same for completions...it would be awesome
Fed03

Postby agibsonsw on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Assuming the default PHP completions file has not been updated for quite a while, I would be happy for Jon to replace it with my version. It would help, though, if anyone using my version would confirm that it is better (more up-to-date and complete) and doesn't have any mistakes.
agibsonsw

Postby Sinled on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Just tried AndyJS,
with this plugin default autocomplete of words and functions that already exists in *.js file, stop working.
Any ideas why?
Sinled

Postby agibsonsw on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:31 pm

Sinled wrote:Just tried AndyJS,
with this plugin default autocomplete of words and functions that already exists in *.js file, stop working.
Any ideas why?

Mmm hadn't noticed this before. It shouldn't really interfere as it is just a completions file. Maybe they will come back if you close/re-start ST, or edit the file for a while.

The items seem to appear if I type enough letters. Maybe someone else has an idea :?: . Sorry, Andy.
agibsonsw

Next

Return to Plugin Development