Sublime Forum

Mouse click does not work on the text

Hello, I downloaded the SublimeText2 (Linux 64 bit) and it runs normally, but I can not move the cursor by clicking with the mouse. I can only move using the arrows =/
I use openSUSE 12.2 (x64).

0 Likes

I found the solution here: Problem: drag_select
but I have to export LC_NUMERIC = C every time I run the Sublime, does anyone know a definitive solution?

0 Likes

This is a bug in Sublime. Sublime sets LC_NUMERIC to “C” after startup (see Problem: drag_select), probably after initializing GTK, which, according to the GTK docs, “may produce inconsistent results and is not really supported” (developer.gnome.org/gtk/stable/g … set-locale). This can’t work reliably because modules loaded by GTK at a later time may set the locale again. In the case of openSUSE 12.2, GStreamer is calling setlocale(LC_ALL, “”) which sets the locale to the one specified in the environment.

A note to the developer of Sublime: It is wrong to set the locale to “C” in programs that interact with users. Functions processing formal language text, such as configuration files or program code, should always be locale-independent. (Emacs has the same problem; see also my comments at bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=779426).

0 Likes

This is 2018, and since last week my Sublime Text 3, Build 3156, has got this bug again under Void Linux.

Now in order to have a usable mouse on Sublime, I need to start ST each time prefixing EXPORT LC_NUMERIC=C

Can this pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase be solved at the source code level…?

0 Likes

bruh moment year is almost 2022 same shit still happens for me too and no one cares . i cant even make selection with mouse and only in sublime !

0 Likes

We’ve got a fix for this that should be shipping with the next build.

0 Likes