glenn wrote:Why not Vintage? I've always been fascinated by VIM, but never had the chance to try it. I'd like to try Vintage eventually, however I feel there's quite a few hurdles for me:
1. Somewhat steep learning curve.
2. Vintage mode docs seem sparse.
3. Vintage mode != VIM
1. That's true, you need like 1 month to get used to, but after that you will scream when you need to write text in any non-VIM editor.
2. That's true aswell, but when this mode try to miminc an other application, maybe you should look for help searching for that "other" app. Reading VIM docs and trying out which stuff works with Vintage which not, it's not a big deal. Also, you can read through this: Packages\Vintage\Default.sublime-keymap
3. Most of the cool stuff is already here, i don't miss anything (but i have to mention i never used VIM full time).