Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Nightly Build 2219

Re: Nightly Build 2219

Postby buymeasoda on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:29 am

jps wrote:It looks to me like the theme you're using has alpha blended images in the overlay, I suspect this would be causing the slowdown.

Hi Jon, any recommendations on what should be done here theme wise?

Leave it as is with transparency and let core rendering improvements take care of performance, or change the theme design for this component to remove the alpha on the edges?
buymeasoda

Postby jps on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:26 am

buymeasoda wrote:Hi Jon, any recommendations on what should be done here theme wise?

It's only an issue on retina displays (due to 4x the number of alpha blended pixels to process), so the best temporary solution is probably to remove the alpha channel from the @2x versions of the images. I'd like to improve the performance of this area in the future, but it won't happen for a while.

que wrote:Am I the only one experiencing opposite/no effect?
Enabling gpu_window_buffer adds significant lag for typing while not improving scrolling/repainting speed at all on default theme comparing with previous build.

What hardware and Sublime Text build are you using? The setting doesn't need to be enabled on retina, it's auto setting will enable it.
jps
Site Admin

Postby que on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi Jon,
What hardware and Sublime Text build are you using?

Retina MBP and 2219 nightly.
The setting doesn't need to be enabled on retina, it's auto setting will enable it.

I know, I was trying to toggle it to see if there is a difference.
Video showing typing lag: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18933210/gpu_window_buffer_lag.mov.

When I decided to redo the video and remove my project name from it - I wasn't able to reproduce the lag.
So it only happens when I have large Rails project opened in the sidebar (there is a project opened in the video, I just cropped it).
When I close all projects, or open small one (e.g few flies only) – there is no lag.
que

Postby jeff1326 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Since this build, i can't drag the minimap ! :o
jeff1326

Postby noreaum on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:09 pm

jeff1326 wrote:Since this build, i can't drag the minimap ! :o

I confirm what jeff1326 just said! Since the update, I can't simply click on the minimap to drag the scrollbar.
noreaum

Postby keogh on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Not that I have had any issues with it, but maybe:

Improved minimap click behavior. The old behaviour is available via the minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text setting

Give that a whirl.
keogh

Postby noreaum on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:17 pm

keogh wrote:Not that I have had any issues with it, but maybe:

Improved minimap click behavior. The old behaviour is available via the minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text setting

Give that a whirl.

I worked, I first tried with minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text to true, but I had to put it to false to make it work. Thank you!
noreaum

Previous

Return to General Discussion