Sublime Forum

[Solved] Getting [Error 2] when right-clicking files

Whenever I try to right-click a file or directory in the sidebar, I get the following error:

[Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I have noticed that this only appears to be happening in directories that have a git repo. Iā€™ll add 2 folders to my project. One with a git repo, and one without. The one with the git repo will give me this message, the one without will work normally.

I am using a mixture of the Github App for Windows and TortoiseGit. I am on a Windows 7 machine, and use EasyPHP for my local dev server.

0 Likes

Updateā€¦

If I remove the .git directory out of the folder, I can right-click that folder (in Sublimeā€™s Sidebar) without issue. If I add the .git directory back into the folder, I get the error again.

Another Updateā€¦

When I right-click and get the error, after clearing the error, I can right-click immediately afterward successfully. Also, the issue isnā€™t limited to the sidebar. It also happens if I try to right-click inside of the opened file inside of Sublime.

0 Likes

Do you use the SideBarGit plugin?
Set ā€œstatusbar_branchā€ to false in SideBarGit plugin, or better fix the path to git.

0 Likes

No, I donā€™t.

OK, I installed the plugin, and set the ā€œstatusbar_branchā€ property to false, but nothing changed. Thanks for the trying :smiley:

0 Likes

Without a list of the plugins you have installed, will be impossible to help you.

0 Likes

Glad you asked. I just went through all of my plugins and realized that the Tortoise package (allows integration with TortoiseGit) was causing the issue. Thanks for your help :smile:

0 Likes