Sublime Forum

Regression? Highlight vanishes when expanding selection down

I am using the latest beta and just noticed this issue. I didn’t downgrade to check, but I’ve worked with the same file in which I found the bug before and I know I’ve done this action. Can’t see how I would have missed it if it already existed :confused:

Anyway, the bug happens when expanding a multiline selection downwards. It seems as though if the beginning of the selection is sufficiently far away, Sublime Text removes the selection highlight altogether, even though the status bar says characters and lines are still being selected.

Open a large file with >200 lines or so, hold down shift at line one and hold the down arrow key to begin a selection. Eventually, around 100-120 lines selected, the selection highlight will vanish. This also works with all other selection methods when moving downwards, like holding shift and pressing Page Down. If the minimap scrolls at all while the document highlight has vanished, it too will lose the selection highlight.

Expanding a selection upwards always works though, I assume because the “beginning” of the selection is always visible. I guess I will be doing it this way for now :smiley:

0 Likes

happens to me too, latest beta

0 Likes

I can’t reproduce this :frowning: I selected down 700 lines and the thing never banished… im using DX not OGL
I also selected down the whole document with ctrl+alt+down which creates multi-line selects and selection never banished…

One bug I noticed and I don’t know if it’s by design is that the view didn’t scroll when I did multi-line select… the view just stayed there even though the multi-line select kept growing (as shown on the minimap)

Don’t try the multi-line select on 100+ lines if ur computer cant handle it :stuck_out_tongue: by the time it gets to 500+ minimap preview becomes laggy, but is understandable lol…

using 20091115

0 Likes

Vanishing select issue was fixed in the latest beta :smile:

0 Likes