Sublime Forum

SideBar Enhanc.. (Clipboard, Open With., Reload renamed)

Does anyone have any advice how to make this plugin work? I’ve read though everything on Github but I do not see an obvious answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

blargg

try this:

{ "E:\\Work\\www":{ "url_testing":"http://localhost", "url_production":"http://domain.tld" } }

or this:

{ "e:\\Work\\www":{ "url_testing":"http://localhost", "url_production":"http://domain.tld" } }

Edit the config file and select “chrome”

0 Likes

Is there any way to permanently turn off ‘Instant file search’ because it’s on contrl+alt+f which happends to be ‘’ for me.

0 Likes

Well, it’s working now. I was sure I tried all variations but I guess I hadn’t. Thanks for the help Tito.

0 Likes

Sorry for this stupid question, but I didn’t find anything about it.

I like to use my Editor without a Mouse and I’m wondering if it’s not possible to focus the sidebar?
While writing something in the editor I want to focus the sidebar, navigate with cursor-keys and open the context menu.
Is this possible?

I’m using the latest Version on Mac OS X.

0 Likes

@Fatbat - you are welcome!
@S0und - can you suggest a better keybinding?
@layne - CTRL+0 , i guess CMD+0

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]
Your setting should be something like this:

{ "E:\\work\\www":{ "url_testing":"http://localhost", "url_production":"http://domain.tld" } } [/quote]

Can you tell me the syntax for OSX? I right clicked my sidebar and pasted the result of the “Copy as Text>Folder Project” and it’s not working
“/Users/warin/Sites/minisite.stator.dev”

Is there a way to enable debug mode ? :smile:

0 Likes

[quote]Is there a way to enable debug mode ?
[/quote]

Great idea, let me check… :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

regarding @layne’s question.

I can focus the sidebar with cmd + 0 but I want to be able to open the context menu with a keyboard shortcut as well. Is that possible?

edit

looks like alt+f2 will open the context menu when I’ve got a file open but I’d like to open the sidebar enhanced context menu when I’m traversing the sidebar.

0 Likes

Errr… I’ve just uninstalled this extension and now the context menu does not appear when I right click any file in the sidebar. :S what can I do?

0 Likes

For anyone who might encounter this issue, the solution is here:

github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE … /issues/18

Now, @tito, a few questions/suggestions…

• perhaps it might be worth removing F2 as a binding to Rename. It conflicts with Sublime’s default binding to Next Bookmark (in windows at least), rename isn’t a routine function for most users (imo), it’s available from the palette for those who want it, and people can always assign their own keys if they want to.
  • ctrl+alt+f fast find file is really nice, but I’m missing the option to open the results (files) in the results window and to reveal them in the sidebar. These two additions would round the function off beautifully.
  • On the subject of the error above, perhaps just renaming the original Side Bar and Side Bar Mount Point files is a better idea. Maybe offer your own uninstall script available through the palette?
  • It might also be worth contacting wbond to get some kind of package uninstall script standard agreed for package control to deal with these kinds of situations as well?

Nice work btw :smile:

S

0 Likes

hi,fatbat, I tried all your variations like you do, but it doesnt working ~i need your help~contact me: liyuanwei1982@gmail.com

0 Likes

@qgates

[quote]- perhaps it might be worth removing F2 as a binding to Rename. It conflicts with Sublime’s default binding to Next Bookmark (in windows at least), rename isn’t a routine function for most users (imo), it’s available from the palette for those who want it, and people can always assign their own keys if they want to.
[/quote]

No, sorry F2 is rename. :smile:

[quote]- ctrl+alt+f fast find file is really nice, but I’m missing the option to open the results (files) in the results window and to reveal them in the sidebar. These two additions would round the function off beautifully.
[/quote]

Reveal in sidebar… not sure …
Open in tabs, can be done with package called “open include”

About this topic, i’m not imaginative/motivated right now, if someone want to submit a pull request, these are welcome.

Regards, thanks for your time and suggestions.

0 Likes

Hello guys,

I am a big fan of the sidebar enhancement package for sublimetext2 but today the F12 key (url testing) and the Alt + F12 key (url production) stop working. I didn’t do any changes with the package content nor update anything. It just stop working and it doesn’t open the default firefox browser.

Are you guys experiencing the same problem? Is there any bug on both testing and production key?

• Windows XP User.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi please, paste the content of the json file,
Thank you

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Hi please, paste the content of the json file,
Thank you[/quote]

Hey, Tito!

It’s now working. I checked the commits on your github page.
For some reason I think my Chrome default location has something to do with it.

Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]@qgates

[quote]- perhaps it might be worth removing F2 as a binding to Rename. It conflicts with Sublime’s default binding to Next Bookmark (in windows at least), rename isn’t a routine function for most users (imo), it’s available from the palette for those who want it, and people can always assign their own keys if they want to.
[/quote]

No, sorry F2 is rename. :smile:

[quote]- ctrl+alt+f fast find file is really nice, but I’m missing the option to open the results (files) in the results window and to reveal them in the sidebar. These two additions would round the function off beautifully.
[/quote]

Reveal in sidebar… not sure …
Open in tabs, can be done with package called “open include”

About this topic, i’m not imaginative/motivated right now, if someone want to submit a pull request, these are welcome.

Regards, thanks for your time and suggestions.[/quote]

Instead of just saying “No, rename is F2” or similar, maybe you could explain why not? I have no figures to support it but I would have thought more people make use of bookmarks than would use a shortcut for renaming a file.

0 Likes

Hello,
In my system and in many other editors I hit F2 and that popups the “reanme” dialog. I like that and will keep it that way.

0 Likes

Ok, thanks for explaining, just out of interest, which keys do you use for bookmarking if any?

0 Likes

I don’t use boookmarks

0 Likes