Sublime Forum

Small bug on bookmark theming

I’m tweaking a bit the default theme, that I copied to a new theme, where I modified some elements. It works fine, except when I want to change the bookmark indicator (file bookmark.png): updating the image does not change anything. I noticed this file is not referenced in the .sublime-theme file, so I copied the modified file into Packages/Theme - Default, overwriting the default one, exited ST, removed all .cache files, restarted ST, and it works, except for the color of the indicator, that remains black. Any idea how to control the color? It might just be an entry missing in the .sublime-theme, but I have no idea how to specify it…
– Thierry

0 Likes

When using add_regions() the **iconscope **argument determines the colour of the icon; for example, the scope of “comment” might display as green. But this may not relate to your use of Bookmarks - presumably there is a similar setting in a theme which you haven’t yet discovered.

0 Likes

Thank you for pointing me to this. It works for instance for the mark.py plug-in: it defines marks with scope “mark”, and if you define a color for that scope in the syntax highlighting file, you get that color for the dot in the gutter. But the bookmark is set by toggle_bookmark, which is not a plug-in, so I can’t find what scope it uses (it is not “bookmark”, I tried this one). Any idea on how to find this out?

0 Likes

I don’t know myself but I’m sure someone else does :smile:. It might be gutterForeground? Until someone else comes along you could try looking in different theme files (likely to be towards the top or bottom of these files).

Added: Actually, the bookmark colour might just be determined by the default **foreground **colour. Try changing the foreground temporarily.

0 Likes

Yes, but the point is precisely to only change the bookmark color.

Anyway, a bug remains: changes to bookmarg.png are only “seen” in “Theme - Default”, even if you use another theme.

0 Likes