Sublime Forum

20091118 Beta

20091118 is out now, with a collection of tweaks to the find panel. Primarily, the incremental find panel is back, so “Ctrl+I,foo,Enter” will work as it used to. The find panel itself is largely the same, except it won’t copy the selection when opened - ctrl+e will do that now.

0 Likes

So what’s the reasoning behind putting the incremental panel back? I’m finding the new find panel better in all respects; it retains the last search text, and has the ‘find all’ and ‘find prev’ buttons.

Which reminds me; is there a context for ‘the find panel is open’. ‘isFindWidget’ is only true if the find panel has focus, and ‘isPanelVisible’ works too broadly. I’d like this so that I can map ‘findUnder’ to a key so long as the find panel is visible.

0 Likes

hm, isn’t the functionality the same as the normal find panel, just with other keybindings?

if so, that confusing :smile:

0 Likes

Yeah, the functionality is exactly the same, just with different key bindings.

I believe there’s a reasonably large group of people who are used to the key bindings that the incremental find panel has, and another group that’s used to the key bindings that the normal find panel has. This leaves me with the choice of either adding configuration options to let the behaviour be customised, or just supporting both. Supporting both is simpler, works out of the box with the least surprises for the most people, and has the benefit that if a user is comfortable with both sets of key bindings, then they can choose to use different panels in different circumstances.

There isn’t, but it’s on the todo list.

0 Likes

ok, i get your point.

when i think about it, i can just remove the incrementalFind keybinding and pretend it doesn’t exist :wink:

btw: when i now use the normal find panel, enter (now goes to previous matches) and shift+enter(now goes to next match) are interchanged…

0 Likes

How do you enable “debugCommands”?
I tried “debugCommands true” in Application.sublime-options but it doesn’t seem to do anything

0 Likes

enter works as expected for me here… do you have the ‘Reverse direction’ button checked?

That should be it, you’ll see a bunch of logging in the console panel when you start editing. There’s a quirk where it’s ignored on startup though, it’ll only take effect if changed while Sublime is running.

0 Likes

argh. sorry!

0 Likes

Funny bug with Windows XP and PowerToys (Windows alt+tab visual replacement): Sublime gets automatically focused while “tabbing” through task items. Nevermind. :smiley:

0 Likes

I suspect the following minor issue may be as a result of recent Find changes, but not all.

a1) CTRL+TAB no longer works with Find panel open. That’s next view in stack on my setup. CTRL+PGUP/PGDN still work as expected.

And to sneak in a couple of requests semi-related to the above:

b1) In the replace panel, you can’t TAB from “Find what:” to “Replace with:” which feels intuitive.

b2) CTRL+F / CTRL+H work as a toggle, which I think is nice. Any chance for CTRL+P / CTRL+R to toggle their respective quick panels in a similar manner?

Thanks!

0 Likes