Sublime Forum

100% CPU on "Updating Indexes..."

I’m generally a super-happy Sublime user and customer (2.0.1, 2217), but the behavior it had for the last week or so is really annoying. Sublime does a frequent (like every 10, 15 mins) “Updating Indexes…”, that drives my CPU on a Macbook Air 1.6Ghz, 4Gb Ram to 100%. Sublime is still usable, but the cursor is lagging, tab switching is slow. I’m working on a node.js project, which currently has 39Mb, most of it being npm dependencies, so, it’s many and small files. I really hope to get some help, the constant spinning of the fan is driving me nuts and I really don’t want to switch back to one these inferior text editors available on OS X :smile:

Thanks in advance,

Claus

0 Likes

Just guessing, but it might be **SublimeCodeIntel **or some other plug-in causing this issue.

0 Likes

Alright I changed the symbol list but it’s still not working :frowning: maybe I’ve done something wrong?

I added the code you listed to the symbol list file from the sass plugin with the PackageResourceViewer (awesome plugin btw!). Maybe I should re-index the files from the project or something? But I don’t know how to do that.

0 Likes