Sublime Forum

Annoying selection bug near end of documents

Whenever I try to place the cursor near the bottom of a sublime-text document, it selects all of the text below the placement of the cursor. If I click again, sometimes it deselects the text and correctly places the cursor – but if I click in a slightly different location, it reselects all the text from below that point. This only happens near the bottom of the page. Am I the only one experiencing this bug? It’s incredibly annoying, and probably the only thing keeping me away from purchasing a license.

I’m running Sublime Text 2, build 2217, on Mac OS X Mountain Lion (although this bug has manifested itself on Lion and older version of Sublime Text).

0 Likes

I can confirm this annoying behavior under linux as well.

0 Likes

Yeah, it’s happened to me too. I’ve never been able to figure out how to repro it, though.

0 Likes

Yes I have this bug too, it is very annoying. Can’t reproduce it but seems to happen when many documents are open

Mac OS X 10.7.4

0 Likes

Confirmed, on the latest Mountain Lion. It also kept me from buying it for a while. Though my solution is just to quit and restart since the buffer is saved. I have since purchased sublime but this is 1 or my 2 annoyances (the other is indenting with php and html mixed).

0 Likes

I’ve also been experiencing this bug in the latest Sublime Text 2 on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

It’s quite annoying and makes it very difficult to use, hopefully this is fixed soon!

0 Likes

If you don’t already have

"scroll_past_end": true

in your User Preferences (not Default Preferences!), add it and try again. There is a comment in the default prefs that says this value gets overridden and you have to put it in user prefs for it to stick. I vaguely remember the same problem you are all describing, but I don’t have it any more and this setting might be why.

0 Likes