Sublime Forum

Looking for a BASIC language bundle/equivalent

Hi, I am using Sublime 2 for cross-development to retro computers like the C64. While I was able to find a good bundle to highlight 6502-Assembler I was not lucky with finding something for the BASIC Interpreter. It’s also is hard to google for a “Basic” bundle so maybe someone of the Pro-Users do know if there is something to highlight BASIC-programs and ideally can handle numeration, e.g.

10 PRINT CHR$(147)
20 FOR I=0 TO 1023
30 POKE 1024+I, 3
40 NEXT I
50 PRINT CHR$(147)
60 END

I guess since there are so few keywords, any BASIC bundle eventually existing will work fine with C64 BASIC commands.

Best
-act

0 Likes

I would have thought there was a BASIC bundle available somewhere. Perhaps try the terms GW-BASIC, QBASIC, PC-BASIC (showing my age :laughing: ).

If not, you could try copying and modifying the Batch File syntax file - it’s the nearest equivalent, and quite a small file. There is limited formal structure to it, so it’s more or less a question of replacing keywords.

0 Likes

You might also try the VBScript plugin (or try modifying it). It’s in package manager or here: github.com/SublimeText/VBScript

0 Likes