Sublime Forum

User sublime-completions, -snippets etc

hi mates,
this is a simple (I think) feature to implement, just to prepare u in advance XD
Our community have developed many packages and many of them are snippets, completions and syntax. Now if I want to create a new sublime-completions file for ruby for example, the only way to have consistency through sublime is to delete the one provided and replace it with mine.
The same if I want modify a provided snippets.
As you can see this is lil troublesome because after a st update this would be overwritten.
I think that if u can extend the already present behaviour of sublime-settings and keybindings to completions, snippets and syntax.
So, if i have PHP.sublime-completions in my User folder or subfolders, this will be used instead the default one…

Looking forward your answer^

ty in advance

0 Likes

no interest in this feature?

0 Likes

Until this feature might be implemented then you could create a batch file that you can run after an update to delete and copy back your user versions of specific files?

It could, instead, be an ST command, but you’d probably need to ensure that you exit ST after running the command; or, at least, end with a prompt to remind you to do this. With this approach the list of files and locations could be stored as settings for the command - making it easier to maintain.

0 Likes