Sublime Forum

Crash when save

Hi! I’ve been using ST for more than a couple of months (latest version) and all has been working just fine. Today it started to crash or quit when save, both with keyboard command and from menu too. I’m on a black Macbook with OSX 10.7.3 upadated about a month.
Any suggestion to fix it??

Thanks in advanced!!

0 Likes

LiveReload (reloads browser when code changes)

I encounter the same. I’ve just bought a license key yesterday. Before that, every few saves, ST2 asked me to buy it, which was fine with me. I’ve used it for maybe a week. So now I bought a license because this editor sucks if you don’t have it :stuck_out_tongue: .

Long story short: In the last 24 hours I’ve got three unexpected crashes (i.e. ST2 terminates) when saving using Cmd-S, after I’ve entered the license. Before, no crash, after, crash. System: OS X 10.7.5, ST2 version: 2.0.1 Build 2217 (stable channel). I suspect the crash happens whenever ST2 used to ask me to buy a license key.

As far as I can see, the files DO get saved right before the crash, so I don’t seem to lose any work. But the interruption is veeeery disturbing and of course gives me a feeling I can’t trust ST2 any more with my work, so I would still classify this as a very critical bug. But I trust the developer to take this seriously and provide a fix soon.

0 Likes

I just want to cross-link another forum post, http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9149&start=0#p37119, that sounds very related to this one. The difference is that in my (our? this posts?) case ST2 crashes/terminates and does not hang/freeze. It disappears from the list of running applications.

0 Likes

That certainly is strange behavior. Have you tried reverting to a freshly installed state like that post you linked to said?

• Eduan
0 Likes

Not yet. I disabled the LiveReload plugin for now, because this looks like the most like trouble maker to me, as it 1) hasn’t been updated in 6 months (but works well overall), and 2) has some on-save handler. I report back how that goes. In the meantime, I’m gonna miss LiveReload… (github.com/dz0ny/LiveReload-sublimetext2)

0 Likes

OK, well hope that solves the problem. :smile:

0 Likes

I haven’t had another crash-on-save since I’ve disabled LiveReload. Looks like that is the cause indeed.

0 Likes

Well I’m sorry for that, I don’t really use it, but being a designer I can tell it’s useful.

Just gotta get used to clicking reload, on the bright side, you get to see the change when you want, that way you can really see the difference. :wink:

• Eduan
0 Likes