Sublime Forum

Problem with .tmLanguage...?

Hi all. I have a problem.

I’m using the Clojure .tmLanguage available at GitHub here (not mine, just using it). However, I find that it freezes Sublime, whenever I type in the following:
(defn
This is as far as I can type, and then it freezes up. I don’t know what the issue is, and have tried the .tmLanguage in e-texteditor, where it works just fine. Are there any things I could be doing wrong, does the language grammar need a little tweaking for Sublime?

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes

It’s working ok for me, can you let me know which version of Clojure.tmLanguage you’re using (the latest one from github?), and which version of Sublime Text you’re using.

0 Likes

Hello!

I’m having the same problem with Sublime Text 2 Alpha, Build 2051, and the latest version of Clojure.tmLanguage from this link http://github.com/vishnugopal/clojure-tmbundle/blob/master/Syntaxes/Clojure.tmLanguage (Here you can see that the file was last modified on December 14, 2008). If I try to open a .clj file which has any function definition like “(defn dummy [params] … )”, Sublime Text freezes. And if I write "(defn " it also freezes.
Why could this be happening?

I have tried using another .tmLanguage file I have found here, which appears to be more recent: was last modified on September 29, 2010. But it also freezes Sublime whenever I write "(defn ".

I’m trying to help and fix this myself by editing the .tmLanguage file, but everything I’ve tried has not worked.
I don’t know what to do.
Anyone has any idea?
Thank you very much for your help!

0 Likes

Hi!
I have just tested this with Sublime Text 1.4 (Build 2010-10-13) and Sublime Text 2 (Build 2054), and the problem is still there. :cry:
Writing "(defn " hangs boths versions of the program.

I’ll keep investigating… (¿could it be a problem with the syntax .tmLanguage file?).

Any help will be very appreciated! :smiley:
Thanks.

0 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but came across to it while searching for a solution to this problem to no avail.
I’ve fixed the Var creation bugs (also defn, defmacro, defmulti, defmacro, etc.) and started a project at github:

github.com/malfario/sublime-clojure

Cheers!

0 Likes