Sublime Forum

Get current point

Hi,
I am trying to make a Lorem Ipsum generator and I can’t find how to get the current point in order to insert but I cant find it in the API does anyone know how? Also is it possible to have a prompt for a value (how many times to put the text in)?

0 Likes

okay, that makes sense. Can I just check that your saying to use a snippet instead and have the plugin repeat that snippet?

0 Likes

cool that worked great thanks, but just wondering, is it supposed to give all of this?

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

0 Likes

That looks like you’re hitting the standard lorem ipsum snippet, which is bound to “l,o,r,e,m,tab”, make sure you’re entering something like “l,o,r,e,m,5,tab”, which will match vs. the key binding that sublimator suggested.

0 Likes

cool, to be honest I think I will just use the snippet, it seems to work better :smile:

0 Likes