Sublime Forum

ST2 not opening. Showing "libcache out of date" error

The Problem:
I have Windows 7. I’ve been able to open Sublime Text 2 just fine, until recently. Every time I try to open Sublime Text 2, I receive the error message

In the task manager, I see the process “sublime_text.exe” is running, but the application is not.

What I’ve Tried
I’ve uninstalled ST2, manually deleted the remaining files in the “Program Files (x86)/Sublime Text 2” directory, restarted the computer, and reinstalled the program. The problem persists.
What’s going on??? I need this for school!

0 Likes

There is a bug in Sublime Text 2 preventing it from launching if there’s an error at startup. You have to get rid of the error message somehow which in this case will be by navigating to your packages directory, manually remove the SublimeClang directory and then kill the running process to be able to start ST2. I’ve added a work around in SublimeClang to try and prevent that bug from happening, however Package Control also has a bug where packages using dll’s (such as SublimeClang) will not update the dll, so until that bug is fixed, expect to see the error message every time there’s a new SublimeClang release. Hopefully the work around in the latest version will work though so you shouldn’t have problems starting ST2 up after having upgraded to the latest version.

0 Likes