Sublime Forum

Origami: Pane traversal, creation, and destruction

I’ve added a sublime-commands file to the plugin (thanks quodlibet!) so you should see this show up if you update through the package manager.

Incidentally, my mnemonic is something like this:
• arrows move
• shift + arrows move, but bring the file with (“shift” holds on to the file)
• cmd+arrows make a pane
• shift+cmd+arrows destroy a pane (“shift” swaps it up)
• option+arrows clones (“option” is the standard for copying, like in an option-drag)

0 Likes

it was right in front of me in that menu and i missed it. sorry and thanx.

0 Likes

I’ve added code to grey out inactive panes:
github.com/SublimeText/Origami/ … ctive_pane

So question: should I push this out to everyone who has Origami, and auto-dim their inactive panes for them? I’m pretty certain everyone would like the new unexpected change, but maybe they wouldn’t all.

It does this, automatically (active on the left, inactive on the right):

0 Likes

After a bit of discussion on other venues, I’ve pushed this. Use “fade_inactive_panes”:false to stop it.

0 Likes

Damn… That auto-dimming is such a clever idea. Great job adzenith.

0 Likes

Spoke too soon. Found a bug. Very easy to reproduce and it crashes ST. Focus the sidebar. Then try to use the mouse to drag a tab from one pane to another. CRASH.

0 Likes

Inactive pans not working for me, constantly receive such error:
dropbox.com/s/1ln7camjw8klg … 100315.png

Also something strange happening after origami upgrade in color themes menu:
dropbox.com/s/qj9k2y4r49kqo … 100555.png

0 Likes

I have the very same issue as Sinled. I also removed Origami completely but i still have that alert on almost every action (including file change, file save and so on). Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit:
i edited session.sublime_session and removed any entry related to origami. Now is ok…

0 Likes

But at least it’s consistent and cross platform (in other words it crashes sublime on both windows and linux) :smile:

0 Likes

CRASH occurs on Mac as well. So it looks like it is a bug related to ST2 in general and not platform specific. Unfortunately, I have to disable this plugin because it impedes my workflow (I like to drag tabs). Hopefully a fix will be coming soon. Thanks for the great work @adzenith.

0 Likes

Had the same issue as Sinled and iamntz, and had to disable the plugin.
I did a bit of investigation and found that both source_abs and source_rel were mixing forward/backslashes in the path. This is of course on a Windows machine.
Up to the Packages directory, backslashes were used (correct for Windows). Then after the .., forward slashes were used (breaks Windows):

packages_path: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages source_abs: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\..\Packages/User/Atlantic.tmTheme source_rel: User\Atlantic.tmTheme error: Error loading colour scheme Packages\Origami\User\Atlantic.tmTheme: Error parsing plist xml: Failed to open file In file "Packages\Origami\User\Atlantic.tmTheme"

0 Likes

Dang it. Sorry about this crash, everyone. I only use the sidebar :frowning:
Investigating…

0 Likes

It should be fixed now. I can no longer repro the crash.

I’m just calling everything in on_activated via sublime’s set_timeout function with a timeout of 0. Seems to work great.

0 Likes

just restarted to check the new feature and …

0 Likes

[quote=“vitaLee”]just restarted to check the new feature and …

[/quote]

I get that on start up as well.

0 Likes

Looking into it…

0 Likes

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this plugin function while working around this tab-drag bug that Sublime seems to have.

0 Likes

Same here with the “Failed to open…” bug. If it helps, there was also a recursive Origami entry in the Preferences > Color Scheme menu. When expanding it, it would show a submenu with another Color Scheme option and another Origami option that would open the same submenu.

0 Likes

I posted a new thread to report this bug:

Hopefully it gets fixed soon. In the meantime, I recommend turning off fading if you want to drag tabs :frowning:

0 Likes

I’ve changed this plugin so it defaults to not dimming your inactive tabs. If you want dimming, you have to set fade_inactive_panes to true on your own.
Once this bug is fixed in Sublime Text, I’ll re-enable by default.

0 Likes