Sublime Forum

Origami: Pane traversal, creation, and destruction

I have the very same issue as Sinled. I also removed Origami completely but i still have that alert on almost every action (including file change, file save and so on). Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit:
i edited session.sublime_session and removed any entry related to origami. Now is ok…

0 Likes

But at least it’s consistent and cross platform (in other words it crashes sublime on both windows and linux) :smile:

0 Likes

CRASH occurs on Mac as well. So it looks like it is a bug related to ST2 in general and not platform specific. Unfortunately, I have to disable this plugin because it impedes my workflow (I like to drag tabs). Hopefully a fix will be coming soon. Thanks for the great work @adzenith.

0 Likes

Had the same issue as Sinled and iamntz, and had to disable the plugin.
I did a bit of investigation and found that both source_abs and source_rel were mixing forward/backslashes in the path. This is of course on a Windows machine.
Up to the Packages directory, backslashes were used (correct for Windows). Then after the .., forward slashes were used (breaks Windows):

packages_path: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages source_abs: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\..\Packages/User/Atlantic.tmTheme source_rel: User\Atlantic.tmTheme error: Error loading colour scheme Packages\Origami\User\Atlantic.tmTheme: Error parsing plist xml: Failed to open file In file "Packages\Origami\User\Atlantic.tmTheme"

0 Likes

Dang it. Sorry about this crash, everyone. I only use the sidebar :frowning:
Investigating…

0 Likes

It should be fixed now. I can no longer repro the crash.

I’m just calling everything in on_activated via sublime’s set_timeout function with a timeout of 0. Seems to work great.

0 Likes

just restarted to check the new feature and …

0 Likes

[quote=“vitaLee”]just restarted to check the new feature and …

[/quote]

I get that on start up as well.

0 Likes

Looking into it…

0 Likes

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this plugin function while working around this tab-drag bug that Sublime seems to have.

0 Likes

Same here with the “Failed to open…” bug. If it helps, there was also a recursive Origami entry in the Preferences > Color Scheme menu. When expanding it, it would show a submenu with another Color Scheme option and another Origami option that would open the same submenu.

0 Likes

I posted a new thread to report this bug:

Hopefully it gets fixed soon. In the meantime, I recommend turning off fading if you want to drag tabs :frowning:

0 Likes

I’ve changed this plugin so it defaults to not dimming your inactive tabs. If you want dimming, you have to set fade_inactive_panes to true on your own.
Once this bug is fixed in Sublime Text, I’ll re-enable by default.

0 Likes

the theme loading error on restart is still a fact for me.
also for new window fading does not work.
jumping from view to view causes a flick and both adjacent views are faded.
just wanted to let you know.

0 Likes

The whole inactive pane thing has been taken out of Origami. Sorry for all the trouble. :frowning:

0 Likes

awww. I actually liked it (minus the problems). Are you going to release it as a separate plugin on github? I can help maintain it if you’d like.

0 Likes

Well, I liked it too, but that’s because I don’t use tabs…
For me it worked perfectly, but then the fixes to stop the tab-crashing made it work worse. You can’t win!
I’ll probably release it as its own thing when I have some free time and some motivation :smile:

0 Likes

I liked the idea as well. I think if you were able to shake the bugs out, it would be a good separate plugin. I applaud you for taking a risk and trying something that hadn’t been done yet.

0 Likes

Separate plugin?

0 Likes

Hey guys,

is there a way to customize the origami shortcuts? I’d like to replace the arrows by hjkl.

Thanks,

0 Likes