Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

CTRL+P limit search to current directory

CTRL+P limit search to current directory

Postby sfk on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 am

Hello,
There's CTRL+P I think you know, is there a way to make it search within currently opened project(s) and not in all files?

for eg. in my nav bar I have

->mydir1
->mydir2
--mydir3
>|file1.php
|file2.pjp
->mydir4

Current working directory/project is "mydir3", so if I hit CTRL+P then type 'file1' I get suggestions from 'mydir3' only. is that possible?
Thanks
sfk

Re: CTRL+P limit search to current directory

Postby skuroda on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 am

I'm slightly confused by what you are saying. Ctrl + P does a fuzzy file match of the project. Note, the project, in your example, contains all of the mydirs. Anyways, to only search within the current directory, well the current directory of your view, you can try something like FuzzyFileNav.

If all of your directories truly are independent of one another, why not save them as their own projects?
skuroda

Postby freewizard on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:42 am

another plugin you may take a look is Goto Folder, which is not exactly you described but it helps if you have many project folders but don't want to create project file for each of them
using Sublime Text 3 dev in OS X 10.8
my ST packages: https://github.com/freewizard
freewizard

Postby sfk on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 am

Well in Eclipse PDT each folder is a project and all actions (search, autocomplete) done within a project, not within all folders in navbar, that's what I meant
I will try your suggestions
Thanks
sfk

Return to General Discussion