Sublime Forum

Suddenly can't edit files or CMD+tab between windows

I’ve been using and loving Sublime Text 2 since Textmate went open source a couple of months ago, on OS X 10.7.5. Typically I do a lot of file management in Terminal, using TotalTerminal for the fullscreen visor effect, so I usually launch ST2 with a nice short alias “s” followed by filename or folder. This has been fine for all this time, and using multiple windows, able to CMD+tab to other apps as normal and Window switching between ST2 windows without a problem.

But just today now, sometimes when I open a folder like this, the files are not editable. I can’t even CMD+F to search. It’s unresponsive. I can click around and open files, but not edit or perform any tasks within them. Also sometimes a second empty window will open as well as the one I asked for. These “disabled” windows can’t be switched to, so if there’s a working ST2 window and a non-working one, I can’t switch between them. If the only window open is a “disabled” one, ST2 is not present in the App Switcher so I can’t CMD+tab to switch between it and other applications.

Does this make sense to anyone? Anyone seen this? Obvious simple things like rebooting haven’t changed anything. There have been no recent changes to any packages, certainly not today, however I did start trying to use iTerm2 instead of TotalTerminal. But now I have this problem even trying to run it from regular vanilla Terminal.

Help!

0 Likes

Ok… so I tried removing the application itself, and the folder under Application Support (where the Packages etc are), and reinstalling from a fresh download. On trying to open ST2, a load of error windows start opening (see attached image) and by the time I had to forcibly reboot, they were still streaming in in the bottom right corner (as you can see from the blur). Any suggestions as to WTF is going on would be great… I haven’t been able to use this editor since last week and am temporarily back in Textmate, which isn’t really a good long term strategy.

I really don’t want to suddenly regret paying for this!

0 Likes

Hmm, after two reboots, following reinstalling, the problem seems to have gone a way. A little worrying and confusing. But since it seems no one else has had this, fingers crossed it was just some effed up setting file somewhere…

0 Likes

I’ve had this before. I believe it is the package control by WBond, telling you it can’t connect to GitHub, and that it can’t find the packages.

You also gotta delete it’s settings if you want to do something like this. :smile:

0 Likes