Sublime Forum

Lookup class definition

Hello Community

After evaluating Sublime, I’m now evaluating StormPHP. It has a feature I didn’t find in Sublime:

• when I hit ctrl-N, a box open, I can type the beginning of a class name and jump directly to its definition.

Is there a way to do that with Sublime?

I know I can jump to a file by its name (nice but not that useful), or lookup a definition of class whose name is already written ; what I miss is the popup for typing the class lookup.

TIA

greg

0 Likes

Do you by any chance mean PhpStorm?

0 Likes

Yes I do, sorry :smile:

So how can I acheive the same feature in ST2? :smile:

0 Likes

In Sublime you can navigate files an functions with ctrl/cmd + P or directly functions in the same file with ctrl/cmd + E.

If you don’t press enter after watching, you can press escape, and go back to where you were and keep on writing.

I’m sure what you are looking for is perfectly possible with a python script… it’s even probable that someone has already done a package for that. Install the Package Manager (google it) and then look for other PHP packages that extend the default PHP behaviour. There are tons of community packages with custom functionalities.

0 Likes

I’ve never used PhpStorm, but is it like the functionality built into the CTags plugin. Specifically the “Show Symbols Multi” functionality? I’ve never used it with PHP, but I have in some of the Python code I have written. I think that is what you are looking for. There may be other plugins with similar functionality, this one just came to mind.

0 Likes

[quote=“pier”] or directly functions in the same file with ctrl/cmd + E.

[/quote]

Shouldn’t this be super + R?

0 Likes

Shouldn’t this be super + R?[/quote]

I guess he mistyped,

and Ctrl+R on windows.

0 Likes

Yes Ctags more or less provides this feature. It’s not easy to set up, and I’m not sure about how it’s updated. I’ll try to look it further.

0 Likes

Ooops

Yes he mistyped.

:smile:

0 Likes