Sublime Forum

Question regarding include paths for C/C++

Hi all… I’m just eval’ing Sublime and love the speed! One question though… Most of my project trees have include files in a central ‘include’ path and the source elsewhere… When I use the menu “Goto->SwitchFile->Switch Header/Implementation”, I’m assuming Sublime is supposed to pull up my header if I’ve got a C++ (or C) file loaded… However, nothing happens – probably because it wants to see the include file in the same directory as the source… Is there a way to have it look through the project and pull it up that way? This is a feature I’m used to in Eclipse but can’t find it here…

Also – is there a way to find all references to a function when using a project? Just thought I’d ask! Thx!!

0 Likes

I’m assuming your analysis of the problem is right. Keep in mind that this really is a text editor, not a full IDE like Eclipse. That being said, the community developed plugins for Sublime Text is quite large. I haven’t used it, but you may want to try/take a look at SublimeClang.

0 Likes

Thanks! I do realize it 'aint Eclipse which is fine because Eclipse can be quite slow at times which is why I love the speed of Sublime… It was able to load & syntax color a 7500 line C++ file in ~1 second whereas the same task in Eclipse was close to 15 seconds… :astonished:

I’ll checkout the plugins!

0 Likes