Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimeText Project Status?

Re: SublimeText Project Status?

Postby ajsharp on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:37 pm

@jps Are fixes for retina display performance included in this release? ST2 is effectively unusable on my retina display 15" MBP, and I'm forced to use Textmate when I'm on it. Major bummer :(
ajsharp

Postby natebeaty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 pm

ajsharp wrote:@jps Are fixes for retina display performance included in this release? ST2 is effectively unusable on my retina display 15" MBP, and I'm forced to use Textmate when I'm on it. Major bummer :(

I'm on 2219 and a 13" Retina MBP, using Soda Dark + many plugins, and I see no obvious performance issues, let alone unusable speed.

What version are you using, and when is it slowing down? Is it just on the Goto Anything/Command Palette?

Seems like the 15" would be substantially faster if anything, having the discrete GPU which mine lacks.
natebeaty

Postby bizoo on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 pm

natebeaty wrote:
ajsharp wrote:@jps Are fixes for retina display performance included in this release? ST2 is effectively unusable on my retina display 15" MBP, and I'm forced to use Textmate when I'm on it. Major bummer :(

I'm on 2219 and a 13" Retina MBP, using Soda Dark + many plugins, and I see no obvious performance issues, let alone unusable speed.

What version are you using, and when is it slowing down? Is it just on the Goto Anything/Command Palette?

Seems like the 15" would be substantially faster if anything, having the discrete GPU which mine lacks.

The last stable from july (4 months?) didn't include the performance enhancement for Retina, so you can expect that lot of people have this kind of issue.
Couldn't the "next big thing" in development delayed and spend some days to fix the current version (and update the stable build) ?
bizoo

Postby FichteFoll on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:55 pm

jps wrote:There's a lot going on on the development side of things. The items I'm working on are not suitable for a series of incremental releases, thus the lack of dev builds.

Don't you think this deserves to be seen on something where it's more likely noticed, e.g. Twitter?
FichteFoll

Postby natebeaty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:56 pm

bizoo wrote:The last stable from july (4 months?) didn't include the performance enhancement for Retina, so you can expect that lot of people have this kind of issue.

Ah, I wondered that as I asked. The retina performance improvements seem completely stable for me, I haven't seen any issues with 2219. (And since recently getting a retina machine, I've seen all sorts of glitches on other apps, mostly in switching back and forth to my external non-retina monitor.) I'm sure it'll make its way to stable soon.

bizoo wrote:Couldn't the "next big thing" in development delayed and spend some days to fix the current version (and update the stable build) ?

Of course that's up to Jon to answer, but if folks have paid for ST2, they have access to build 2219 that addresses the issue. Otherwise, non-registered users have a reason to delay purchase and continue whatever other development setup they were using before considering ST2.
natebeaty

Postby bizoo on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 pm

jps wrote:There's a lot going on on the development side of things. The items I'm working on are not suitable for a series of incremental releases, thus the lack of dev builds.

More than 40 days since this last post about ST development status, and no news...

Anyway, 2 days before the end of the world, so I guess it really doesn't matter :roll:
bizoo

Postby dexif on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 am

What with nightly builds? When we can see new version of ST?
dexif

Previous

Return to Technical Support