Sublime Forum

Bug in beta 20091118? No find history

I swore that earlier versions supported going through find history using up and down arrows. This doesn’t work on 20091118 beta. Please bring it back!!!

0 Likes

Find history is still there (you can click on the right of the find widget to get it), but the arrow keys no longer access it, due to the recent addition of multi-line text entry in the find widget.

I’ve got an item on my todo list to add some way to access the find history via the keyboard again, although it’s up in the air as to what form it should take.

0 Likes

Good! Glad to hear I wasn’t crazy about this having been the old behavior. I would be fine with Ctrl-up and Ctrl-down. Or if this action would be configurable via key bindings, I could just set the bindings to override the multiline behavior.

Actually, I would think that multi-line should be an option that you would enable/disable via another icon-button on the left, since it would seldom be used. So if you are in single-line mode, just stick to up and down arrows.

0 Likes

Did these shortcuts ever get added? I can’t figure out how to access the find history from the keyboard.

0 Likes

The arrow keys at least allow navigating/scrolling.

0 Likes