Sublime Forum

Sublime doesn't refresh/draw edits

Hello all,

I just installed Sublime to try it and see if I would like it more than Notepad++ for my windows development.

I am experiencing some strange behavior though.

When I open Sublime with or without a file, the editor doesn’t get refreshed. So say I am in explorer and right-click a file and choose ‘Open with Sublime’. The sublime window pops up and remains empty. Thinking that it is loading I give it some time…still nothing like a minute later. I click and move the window and it shows my file. I click a line and edit the text, but it doesn’t show my code. I click and move the window and my text appears. No matter what I do inside the editor will not show unless I move the window, which I suppose works because it forces a full redraw of the application.

I tried the ‘renderer opengl’ in the preferences. I managed to get it in there at the end of the file by moving the window every few operations so I could keep track. Still it has the same behavior.

Can anyone help with this?

0 Likes

Hi there,

The only issues I’ve experienced were sorted by moving to the OpenGL renderer, so I can’t help, but I guess useful information you could provide would be:

• The version of Sublime you’re using
  • The version of Windows you’re using
  • Information on your graphics card

If you weren’t using the latest beta, I would certainly say to give that a go. For what it’s worth I find the Sublime Text betas to be very stable, though obviously your mileage may vary.

0 Likes

I use the latest sublime from the download page…1.2.2 I believe
It is a Win XP Pro 32 bit dell pc with a GeForce 8400GS video card.

To compare I installed it on my personal computer which a Win7 core i7 and it runs flawlessly.

I decided to run a quick test by running the dxdiag video tests and they fail. I couldn’t see why but I later found that my directx is corrupted. I had problems with that pc this summer when one of ram sticks blew and since then I run with less memory but the pc hasn’t been the same since. I tried re-installing directx but it seems completely corrupted and I cannot do it. I assume a full reinstall would be a good thing, but my boss is not in favor of losing over a pc that so far still allows me to work…

Although this could explain why it doesn’t behave in directx, it still doesn’t explain why the behavior is the same with opengl and I know opengl works fine as I run World of Warcraft sometimes on that pc.

I will try the latest beta tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes

Ok…so

Latest video card drivers
With or without opengl
Latest beta 2009/12/12

Still doesn’t work properly on that pc.

0 Likes