Sublime Forum

Package Control Testing Needed!

I’m about to release the first new version of Package Control since early March. Yikes – that took way too long!

Please spend some time today if you can using the testing version. I am hoping to push out the new version tomorrow, Nov 20th, 2012.

If you can, please test:

• Upgrading to the new version of Package Control

• Installing packages

• Removing packages

• Upgrading a single package

• Upgrading all packages

The link above covers some of the big additions/fixes. Also there have been fixes for handling upgrading in-use DLL files on Windows, not disabling packages when running upgrade all, handling non-ascii characters in the file path to the SSL CA certs bundle file, plus a whole bunch of other small things.

If you do find any issues, please post them at github.com/wbond/sublime_package_control/issues. Thanks for the help everyone!

0 Likes

I have tested your points with no issues.

0 Likes

So far the only bug I’ve heard about was with OS X 10.6, and I’ve released an update for that (v1.5.0.22). This afternoon I think I’ll pull the trigger and release PC v1.6.

0 Likes

Works for me- seems to solve the pesky http proxy problems I had before.

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

Also works for me. Packages are not disabled anymore, which actually was the main problem for me :mrgreen:

Thanks!

0 Likes

Nope, still getting "Package Control: Error downloading channel. URL error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it downloading sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json. This is even with http_proxy, proxy_username and proxy_password all configured manually.

I’ve never seen Package Control work at all on this box, though, so this isn’t evidence of a regression.

0 Likes

[quote=“MikeC”]Nope, still getting "Package Control: Error downloading channel. URL error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it downloading sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json. This is even with http_proxy, proxy_username and proxy_password all configured manually.

I’ve never seen Package Control work at all on this box, though, so this isn’t evidence of a regression.[/quote]

It sounds like you have a firewall or virus scanner blocking connection attempts. Every similar report I’ve heard has been caused by a program in one of those two categories.

0 Likes

Not entirely convinced. A browser running on the same box via the same proxy can retrieve sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json just fine.

0 Likes

[quote=“MikeC”]

Not entirely convinced. A browser running on the same box via the same proxy can retrieve sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json just fine.[/quote]

Perhaps double-check that Mike. Modern firewalls are clever; they can inspect on more than just the source/target IP or DNS. For example, your browser will connect with a browser user agent (UA) string, whereas Package Control probably uses a custom UA string. A tight firewall may only let packets through with a known browser UA string, and could block anything that isn’t a legitimate browser on port 80 for example.

If you can temporarily disable your firewall altogether for a moment and try that’ll seal it :smile:

S

0 Likes

[quote=“MikeC”]

Not entirely convinced. A browser running on the same box via the same proxy can retrieve sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json just fine.[/quote]

There is a debug setting you can set to true that will print a whole bunch of info to your console, which should help in identifying it. It will include the HTTP headers back and forth between Sublime Text and your proxy. If you aren’t seeing a response back from your proxy (which is what I am guess is happening due to the error message you included), then your proxy is refusing it, or your virus scanner is prevents Sublime Text from contacting the internet. I have had many reports of this happening, which is why I suggested it in the first place.

Some users have had to add sublime_text.exe to their virus scanner whitelist, or add a special exception to their firewall rules.

0 Likes