Sublime Forum

Ctrl + Arrow behavior

. . Hi there, everybody. I’ve been using the Sublime Text 2 for one full day now and I’m really impressed with it. I was a longe time SciTE user and I’m happy to see that Sublime have pratically all the things I like in SciTE and none of the things I disliked. The thing is, whenever you stay too long using something you get used to it and it’s hard to change habits you got. One thing I’m having difficult to get used to is the Ctrl+Arrow behavior. In SciTE it behaves like the “w” key in VI, but Sublime behaves like a default “ctrl+arrow”. The difference is that vi and SciTE stop and the beginning of the next word, but Sublime goes right to the end of it.
. . Is there any way I can configure this behavior? I tried messing with the “word delimiters” configuration but got nowhere.

0 Likes

Does Sublime Text 2 has this feature?

If I were you, I’d: 1) write my own command that implements the behavior you want, 2) rebind Ctrl+Arrow to that command.

0 Likes

[quote=“dnunes”]. . Hi there, everybody. I’ve been using the Sublime Text 2 for one full day now and I’m really impressed with it. I was a longe time SciTE user and I’m happy to see that Sublime have pratically all the things I like in SciTE and none of the things I disliked. The thing is, whenever you stay too long using something you get used to it and it’s hard to change habits you got. One thing I’m having difficult to get used to is the Ctrl+Arrow behavior. In SciTE it behaves like the “w” key in VI, but Sublime behaves like a default “ctrl+arrow”. The difference is that vi and SciTE stop and the beginning of the next word, but Sublime goes right to the end of it.
. . Is there any way I can configure this behavior? I tried messing with the “word delimiters” configuration but got nowhere.[/quote]

vintage mode. use it like vim

0 Likes

I’ve encountered the same problem for the same reason, coming from a long use of SciTE.

It looks like a small change in the key binding configuration solves the problem:

{ "keys": "ctrl+left"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "words", "forward": false} },
{ "keys": "ctrl+right"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "words", "forward": true} },
{ "keys": "ctrl+shift+left"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "words", "forward": false, "extend": true} },
{ "keys": "ctrl+shift+right"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "words", "forward": true, "extend": true} }

I changed ctrl+left and ctrl+shift+left from by word_ends to by words.

0 Likes

Thanks for the last post. This was really starting to annoy me too. Now I’d like delete_word forward to behave this way too :smile:

S

0 Likes