Sublime Forum

SideBar Enhanc.. (Clipboard, Open With., Reload renamed)

hi,fatbat, I tried all your variations like you do, but it doesnt working ~i need your help~contact me: liyuanwei1982@gmail.com

0 Likes

@qgates

[quote]- perhaps it might be worth removing F2 as a binding to Rename. It conflicts with Sublime’s default binding to Next Bookmark (in windows at least), rename isn’t a routine function for most users (imo), it’s available from the palette for those who want it, and people can always assign their own keys if they want to.
[/quote]

No, sorry F2 is rename. :smile:

[quote]- ctrl+alt+f fast find file is really nice, but I’m missing the option to open the results (files) in the results window and to reveal them in the sidebar. These two additions would round the function off beautifully.
[/quote]

Reveal in sidebar… not sure …
Open in tabs, can be done with package called “open include”

About this topic, i’m not imaginative/motivated right now, if someone want to submit a pull request, these are welcome.

Regards, thanks for your time and suggestions.

0 Likes

Hello guys,

I am a big fan of the sidebar enhancement package for sublimetext2 but today the F12 key (url testing) and the Alt + F12 key (url production) stop working. I didn’t do any changes with the package content nor update anything. It just stop working and it doesn’t open the default firefox browser.

Are you guys experiencing the same problem? Is there any bug on both testing and production key?

• Windows XP User.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi please, paste the content of the json file,
Thank you

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Hi please, paste the content of the json file,
Thank you[/quote]

Hey, Tito!

It’s now working. I checked the commits on your github page.
For some reason I think my Chrome default location has something to do with it.

Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]@qgates

[quote]- perhaps it might be worth removing F2 as a binding to Rename. It conflicts with Sublime’s default binding to Next Bookmark (in windows at least), rename isn’t a routine function for most users (imo), it’s available from the palette for those who want it, and people can always assign their own keys if they want to.
[/quote]

No, sorry F2 is rename. :smile:

[quote]- ctrl+alt+f fast find file is really nice, but I’m missing the option to open the results (files) in the results window and to reveal them in the sidebar. These two additions would round the function off beautifully.
[/quote]

Reveal in sidebar… not sure …
Open in tabs, can be done with package called “open include”

About this topic, i’m not imaginative/motivated right now, if someone want to submit a pull request, these are welcome.

Regards, thanks for your time and suggestions.[/quote]

Instead of just saying “No, rename is F2” or similar, maybe you could explain why not? I have no figures to support it but I would have thought more people make use of bookmarks than would use a shortcut for renaming a file.

0 Likes

Hello,
In my system and in many other editors I hit F2 and that popups the “reanme” dialog. I like that and will keep it that way.

0 Likes

Ok, thanks for explaining, just out of interest, which keys do you use for bookmarking if any?

0 Likes

I don’t use boookmarks

0 Likes

Hello guys.

I hope you can help me out with this issue.

I just want to ask something about the F12 (Testing) and the Alt + F12 (Production) keys when using Google Chrome.
These keys worked when I changed my default browser to Firefox, opera and safari. But, when it comes to Google Chrome I can’t open the browser to open my file. Instead I get a dialog box that says…

"Browser Chrome Not Found!
Is Installed? Which Location…? "

• How can I fix this issue? Is there any other way to link the application location of my chrome.exe to open my file every time I press F12 or Alt+F12 ?
  • Should I add something in my JSON file or perhaps my Default.sublime-keymap ?

Windows XP User here.

Thanks! Any help would really be appreciated.

0 Likes

Just read te dialog again, and let me know, the answer of the second question…

0 Likes

And please post the full path, with the name of .exe file too. Thank you!

0 Likes

Hello Tito,

Thanks for the reply. The full path of the location of my google chrome is

C:\Documents and Settings\Dmind\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\chrome.exe

All of my other browsers like IE, Moz, Opera and Safari are located inside the C:/Program FIles except for my Google Chrome.

Thanks again!

0 Likes

I’ve added something I think will work, but I’m not sure… after updating let me know if it works.

0 Likes

Will not work, there is a problem with localized folders in Windows XP

Just add “chrome.exe” to your PATH and that will work.

Regards,

0 Likes

Hey Tito,

Yes, its now working. Thanks man! I appreciate the update!

Happy Holidays!

0 Likes

You are welcome! Happy holidays too!

0 Likes

Shorcuts collisioning with Sublime2’s built-in shortcuts have been removed.

If you miss these

- Go to "Preferences" -> "Browse Packages" -> "User"
	- Open or create file "Default.sublime-keymap"

- Add this content:

, { "keys": "ctrl+t"], "command": "side_bar_new_file2" },
			{ "keys": "f2"], "command": "side_bar_rename" },
			{ "keys": "ctrl+alt+f"], "command": "side_bar_find_files_path_containing" }

## If you have problems configuring F12 key

- [github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE ... ts#f12-key](https://github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarEnhancements#f12-key)
0 Likes

Here is a bug report:

When I use the command palette to “Project:Edit” nothing happens. The error message in the console throughs this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 339, in run_
  File "./SideBar.py", line 1204, in run
  File "./sidebar/SideBarProject.py", line 11, in hasOpenedProject
  File "./sidebar/SideBarProject.py", line 37, in getProjectFile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u[PATH TO WRONG PROJECT]'

‘Tools->Edit Project’, however, works without any problems.

Thanks for the great plugin!

0 Likes

“File: Reveal” also doesn’t work (it used to though). But there is no error message…

0 Likes