Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

Ok setting translateTabsToSpace true or false made no difference but removing PowerUser made it work.

0 Likes

It works now. Thank you :smile:

0 Likes

this is incredible.

but i’m having a hell of a time figuring out how to bring up the css selector. what is the key for that?

thanks.

0 Likes

F1

0 Likes

sorry, i guess i meant the “meta selector”. is there a hot key for that?

0 Likes

Clean installation of Windows 7, Sublime 1.2.2 download and installed normally, I got the ZenCoding zip, extracted it, double-clicked it, got that package-installation-full-of-win message, ran Sublime and… nothing works at all. :frowning:

I mean, CTRL+ALT+ENTER, or F1, nothing happens, just the normal every-day sublime editor.

I want zen coding… :frowning:

0 Likes

This may be a daft question, but is the file type (you can check in View -> Apply Syntax Highlighting) set to HTML or CSS?

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I had an issue installing from the zip myself, in that the Packages\ZenCoding directory itself had nothing in it but another directory that contained all the package contents. Once I moved everything under that directory one level up the hierarchy (so I had some .py and .pyc etc. files in Packages\Zencoding) it fixed my issue. Sorry if that’s a bit unclear, it may be a red herring anyway.

0 Likes

[quote=“protoplasm”]This may be a daft question, but is the file type (you can check in View -> Apply Syntax Highlighting) set to HTML or CSS?

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I had an issue installing from the zip myself, in that the Packages\ZenCoding directory itself had nothing in it but another directory that contained all the package contents. Once I moved everything under that directory one level up the hierarchy (so I had some .py and .pyc etc. files in Packages\Zencoding) it fixed my issue. Sorry if that’s a bit unclear, it may be a red herring anyway.[/quote]

That’s it!!

Thank you very much, you made my day! xD

Just moved the content of zencoding/ (some .py’s like you said) one level up (the ZenCoding package root) and bingo! It works!

Best regards dudes, cya!

0 Likes

The html 5 snippet is still in Russian.

Also At the moment C TAB outputs color:#000; and jumps you to the next line. I really like to enter a hex after the hash before going to the next line (as i’m sure most people would). Same with “bgc” and a few other commands.

0 Likes

[quote=“haggen”]Clean installation of Windows 7, Sublime 1.2.2 download and installed normally, I got the ZenCoding zip, extracted it, double-clicked it, got that package-installation-full-of-win message, ran Sublime and… nothing works at all. :frowning:

I mean, CTRL+ALT+ENTER, or F1, nothing happens, just the normal every-day sublime editor.

I want zen coding… :frowning:[/quote]

There are some better examples/documentation you can copy from here: I’ve hotlinked the animations that explain it here too.

code.google.com/p/zen-coding/wik … enCodingEn

F1 will only work for CSS files.

Only works for HTML files (for me anyway).

**Make sure you are setting the DOCUMENT TYPE properly. Otherwise it will NOT work no matter what you do. **

• In the very bottom right hand corner of the editor window. Where it says “Plain text | Windows” , change plain text to HTML. For CSS, change it to CSS).
  • Or you can just make a new file called “blah.html” with nothing in there, then type html:4t then hit TAB.
  • This will work the same with .CSS files too.
  • There’s a list of all the shortcuts and what they expand to on the google code site.

Don’t worry, you’re not the only confused person around here :smile: The documentation is a mess, but once you get your head around it, you’ll be sweet.

Hope this helps.

HTML - note the HTML in the bottom right hand corner.
http://blogdata.akalias.net/zencoding-nodeselect.gif

CSS - note the CSS in bottom right.
http://blogdata.akalias.net/zencoding-mnemonic.gif

0 Likes

Thanks for the fixes. What key combo is the CSS selector?

0 Likes

<binding key="ctrl+alt+enter" command="zenAsYouType css"> <context name="selector" value="source.css"/> </binding>

0 Likes

i can get zen coding dialog to open up in my status bar via ctrl+alt+enter, it says “enter koan”, this works awesome.
but in this video below there is a dialog that opens up in the same place that says “css selector”, how do i open that up?

http://blogdata.akalias.net/zencoding-nodeselect.gif

thanks,
sean

0 Likes

This is the WebDevelopment package: CSS Select ( WebDevelopment Package)

0 Likes

Zen Coding updated to 0.6 just a couple days ago. Are the updates something that could be tied into the sublime plugin?
http://code.google.com/p/zen-coding/wiki/Changelog

0 Likes

Great sublimator! Thanks.

It doesn’t seem to be on the google code yet. Where can i download it?

0 Likes

Thank you. This is too awesome.

I’m loving the ability to write a whole document in a single line of code!

0 Likes

Hmmm,

the package version doesn’t launch the “Enter Koan” on ctrl+alt+enter

0 Likes

Yep, It was definitely a html document.

I removed the previous ZenCoding folder from the packages and installed the google code one. It had the same structure as the other. Opened Sublime switched to HTML and it wouldn’t lanuch. Restart Sublime a few time and kept trying.

I’ve switched back to the bitbucket version and it’s working fine again. Strange.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update sublimator! Working great so far. (Enter koan: … works fine for me)

0 Likes