Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Package Control Testing Needed!

Re: Package Control Testing Needed!

Postby wbond on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:09 am

MikeC wrote:
wbond wrote:It sounds like you have a firewall or virus scanner blocking connection attempts. Every similar report I've heard has been caused by a program in one of those two categories.

Not entirely convinced. A browser running on the same box via the same proxy can retrieve https://sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json just fine.

There is a debug setting you can set to true that will print a whole bunch of info to your console, which should help in identifying it. It will include the HTTP headers back and forth between Sublime Text and your proxy. If you aren't seeing a response back from your proxy (which is what I am guess is happening due to the error message you included), then your proxy is refusing it, or your virus scanner is prevents Sublime Text from contacting the internet. I have had many reports of this happening, which is why I suggested it in the first place.

Some users have had to add sublime_text.exe to their virus scanner whitelist, or add a special exception to their firewall rules.
wbond

Previous

Return to General Discussion