Sublime Forum

20091212 Beta

New beta is out, with the ability to open directories as projects, among some other fixes and tweaks.

The behaviour of tab when translateTabsToSpaces has been changed slightly, too: it now adds spaces up to the next tab stop (i.e., multiple of tabSize). If youā€™d rather tabSize spaces always be inserted, set useTabStops to be false. Setting it to false will also make backspace always delete a single character.

A new application option (Preferences/General Preferences), find.useSelectedText, has been added. Itā€™s false by default, but if set to true, the selected text will be copied into the find panel when Ctrl+F is pressed.

0 Likes

Great! I didnā€™t even know that you was working on this.

I have tried it out and it works really well. I just love the project panel, which allows me to open a file with just a few key strokes even in very large code bases (no more directory browsing). I just wish I could select one of my own project templates when I open a directory as a project or at least overwrite the default one. Some of the directories I work with contain nearly 100.000 files, but 2/3 of these files are located in an .hg directory that I would like to exclude by default. It takes notably longer to load these projects as directories instead of project files that exclude the .hg directory.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œschmiidtā€]

Great! I didnā€™t even know that you was working on this.

I have tried it out and it works really well. I just love the project panel, which allows me to open a file with just a few key strokes even in very large code bases (no more directory browsing). I just wish I could select one of my own project templates when I open a directory as a project or at least overwrite the default one. Some of the directories I work with contain nearly 100.000 files, but 2/3 of these files are located in an .hg directory that I would like to exclude by default. It takes notably longer to load these projects as directories instead of project files that exclude the .hg directory.[/quote]

This goes on to show why we need global project preferences :smiley:

exclude all .svn .hg and images, binary and archives by default, sounds good to meā€¦

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œEJ12Nā€]
This goes on to show why we need global project preferences :smiley:

exclude all .svn .hg and images, binary and archives by default, sounds good to meā€¦[/quote]

+1!!! And CVS folders!!! Or just a setting in User Prefs:

projectIgnoreFiles .zip;.jpg;*.gif;.dat;ā€¦
projectIgnoreDirectories .svn;CVS;.hg;ā€¦

0 Likes

How about a default project template (that can be customized, of course)?

0 Likes

Iā€™ll add the ability to customise the default project settings for the next beta

0 Likes

thank you :smile:

0 Likes

When opening a directory as a project, can we have a way to filter what file types are in the project. We have a lot of python mixed in with html, and c++ all in the same project tree. It would be useful to be able to open a directory and specify ā€œ.py;.htmlā€ This makes the find file in project (ctrl+p) a much shorter list.

0 Likes