Sublime Forum

Can't access my snippets - help!

The way snippets are managed by the user is a little odd to me. I don’t like how you have to know the name of the snippet to find it, and there’s not a great way to browse snippets… I’m used to using eclipse, and I can easily organize snippets into folders, which makes a lot more sense to me.

Anyway, with that said, I’m more than a little confused at how to manage my snippets and I need some assistance.

I’ve created 2 snippets, which I cannot seem access. I named them “jp.jquery.hover-click” and “jp.css.opacity” inside the Packages/User folder. The problem is that I can’t access these snippets when I go to the Tools-Snippets menu. I can see them inside the Packages/User folder, but the snippets don’t exist in my snippets list. How do I resolve this, and what’s the best way to manage snippets?

Thanks!!!

0 Likes

Snippets must have the .sublime-snippet ending.

btw, if you like, you most certainly can create a directory/directories in your User directory just for snippets.

0 Likes

Great! Thanks so much!

Assuming I create snippet subfolders inside my User folder, how do I navigate into these folders when I add a snippet from the Tools -> Snippets menu item?

0 Likes

No problem, glad to help.

I’m not sure I understand the question here. If you create a snippet using Tools -> New Snippet, you should just save it in the directory you want it to go when prompted. If you mean how do you get it to show on the drop down list when you click Tools -> Snippets…, then in that case, all snippets that are defined to trigger in your current scope will be in that list.

0 Likes

Yes, I meant how can you organize them in the drop down list. I guess this is the problem… this list can get way out of hand if you install some packages that have snippets in them. I would rather have a more organized approach rather than having to know the name and type-select it. For example, I might know that I have a snippet that I created a year ago, and I can’t remember what I named it… but if I were able to browse folders from the snippet drop down list, I think that would be better.

0 Likes