Sublime Forum

Really confused by on_query_completions

First off, want I want to do is provide autocompletions for android xml layout files. Now that’s out of the way, I’m simply confused by on_query_completions from EventListener.

Foregoing xml related stuff, I have a function that builds a dict containing related lookup material. For tag completion, I call myDict.keys() and return that list but nothing shows up. This is just working with dumb auto-completion where it makes the suggestion regardless of context.

If I have the following

print "searching for ", prefix
keys = self.lookup.keys()
print type(keys), keys
return keys

I can see the prefix message, I see that keys is a list, I see all the possible values, but nothing is suggested that’s contained within the list. If i replace the return statement with

return "chicken", "soup"]

Then suddenly both “chicken” and “soup” are available. If I hard code values from keys in the return, they show up as well. If I cast keys with list(keys) out of paranoia, it doesn’t help. If I trim the list down to keys:3], those three items don’t show up.

This is mind boggling for something that seems as though it should be so simple. Tips? Suggestions?

Since I have your attention as well, would it be appropriate to use a config key like:

"auto_complete_triggers":  {"selector": "text.xml", "characters": "<"} ]

to provide completions on “<” and “:” where perhaps on_query_context could return True when encountering such?

Thanks

0 Likes

bleh, a closer look at some examples shows a list of 2-valued tuples being returned, not a list of strings. I suppose it’s confusing considering a hard coded list of strings works for autocomplete but seemingly somehow my list wasn’t returning anything.

0 Likes