Sublime Forum

Switch between open projects in distraction free mode

Hi guys,

How do I switch between open projects without leaving the distraction free mode with a key combination? I often need to copy some code from an old foreign project to a new one.

Yes, I can use the ‘Window’ menu, which appears when the mouse cursor is on top, and then select another project in the list. Yes, I can leave the distraction free mode and then use the Command+`shortcut.

Is there a nicer way?

–Evgeny

PS: Version 2.0.1 build 2217, MacOS 10.7.5.

0 Likes

Hello,

Try ctrl+alt+p (in windows at least)

Or try adding this, with the shortcut you want to your User keymap file

{ “keys”: “ctrl+alt+p”], “command”: “prompt_select_project” }

0 Likes

Thanks Kwelity,

That’s not actually what I want. This shortcut doesn’t switch open projects - rather it asks me to select a previous (old) project from the list. Besides, when the selected project opens, the distraction free mode is gone - it’s turns to the full screen mode with the sidebar visible.

My wish is simple: I have two open projects, both in the distraction free mode, and I want to quickly switch between them. That’s it - I just need a key combination like Command+` that usually switches application windows but by some reason doesn’t work when the distraction free mode is active.

–Evgeny

0 Likes

Ok, sorry.

So you’re running two sublime text windows on mac, and want to swich between them ?

I don’t know how mac works, maybe you can’t switch between full screen aps.

Can’t you place each window on a space (I think it’s how mac call the workspaces) ?

0 Likes