Sublime Forum

Pandown, a Pandoc Build Wrapper

Hi everyone! I thought I’d share a little project that I spent the day on: Pandown, a build wrapper for Pandoc. Although I think this will be something like the fourth such package extant, I also think it’s worth a look all the same: as far as I can tell, it’s the most configurable, versatile, and useful one yet. Pandown is also the only one I’ve seen that functions as a build system, generating an outfile and everything. It’s still an early version, but I’ve tested it pretty aggressively, at least with all of my Markdown documents, and it should run without any problems. I’d like to see it tested a bit more before I add it to Package Control, though, so intrepid Markers-down are encouraged to give it a shot and do their level best to break it. I’m also hoping, as the documentation implies, to add a couple of built-in templates that improve on Pandoc’s very, very basic defaults, and maybe even built-in build systems for languages other than Markdown.

I am no developer and no designer, so please feed back gently.

Read the complete documentation here, and then download it here.

Enjoy!

0 Likes

Just in case anyone’s curious, I’ve updated the package a bit, fixing a few bugs, cleaning up some silly Python, and—most excitingly—adding a GitHub-inspired template supplied by Brett Terpstra. You can preview the template here; the new download link is above, and right here. Should be submitted to Package Control soon!

0 Likes

Wow! Very excited to see this! Thanks for the work!

Before I start exploring I want to confirm (since you mention “Markdown” a couple of times) that the plug-in also supports Pandoc’s specific variant of Markdown. I’m assuming this is what you refer to as “Pandown” (which is a good moniker).

I think the existence of this plug-in, and vintage mode may have finally cured my ever-unsettled text editor search.

0 Likes