Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

FuzzyFileNav Plugin (on package control...finally)

Re: FuzzyFileNav Plugin (on package control...finally)

Postby phyllisstein on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:52 am

facelessuser wrote:Adding a folder to a project could be added, but Jon has not really provided a reasonable way to access the project file via the ST2 API.

Out of curiosity, is this why FuzzyFileNav seems to open a project file as text rather than as a project? I've noticed that that's something my machine does a lot and at seeming random, so it'd be great if there were a way to coerce the plugin to load a complete project when it encountered one. It works so beautifully that I give a tiny, pained little groan every time I find myself back in an OS X file navigation panel.
phyllisstein

Re: FuzzyFileNav Plugin (on package control...finally)

Postby facelessuser on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:25 pm

phyllisstein wrote:
facelessuser wrote:Adding a folder to a project could be added, but Jon has not really provided a reasonable way to access the project file via the ST2 API.

Out of curiosity, is this why FuzzyFileNav seems to open a project file as text rather than as a project? I've noticed that that's something my machine does a lot and at seeming random, so it'd be great if there were a way to coerce the plugin to load a complete project when it encountered one. It works so beautifully that I give a tiny, pained little groan every time I find myself back in an OS X file navigation panel.

FuzzyFileNav just sends the file to the ST2 "open file" API command. ST2 always chooses to open project files as text opposed to opening them as actual projects. I haven't looked into whether there is a way via the API to open a project as a project if you know where the project file is...I may take a look into it, but I won't promise anything.
facelessuser

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements