Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Package Control: A full-featured package manager

Re: Package Control: A full-featured package manager

Postby wbond on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm

bronson wrote:How about a patch so it only downloads the package list once a day? (with a command to refresh it at any time of course)

It's irritating to wait for the package list to be downloaded each time I install a package. Meanwhile, apparently wbond's bandwidth bill is skyrocketing...

You can change the PC cache_length setting to something greater than 300 to cache the package list longer than 5 minutes, however it will not persist restarting Sublime Text. Currently there is no way to clear the cache other than to restart ST.

The new version of PC also supports HTTP compression, which should help improve the download speed.
wbond

Postby wbond on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:35 pm

gregor.hoch wrote:Hey,

I was wondering whether package control supports easy contributions to st2 packages? Below is my question about a good development environment for contributions to st2 packages. Maybe it's already possible with package control but if not it would be a great feature that encourages contributions to packages. I am thinking about a command like "Package Control: Contribute to Package" that automatically creates a fork, clones it to the package folder, opens the package folder as a project in st2 and fetches any changes from the original repo when restarting st2 to keep the fork up to date.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9667

Unfortunately at this point due to time constraints, this is unlikely. It takes quite a bit of time just to help people get HTTP connections working that I don't really feel like diving into the world of scripting git and dealing with all of those issues.

Additionally, there is a fairly big list of feature enhancements that are pending developer time: https://github.com/wbond/sublime_package_control/issues

That said, if people want to work on different enhancements and send pull requests, I'm more than happy to discuss and review them.
wbond

Postby S0und on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:22 am

I got this error on startup

Code: Select all
---------------------------
Sublime Text 2
Unable to run package setup:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 165, in upgrade
    upgradePackage(pkg, pristinedir, datadir, backupdir)
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 158, in upgradePackage
    os.path.join(backupdir, base), inhibitOverwrite)
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 110, in upgradeArchive
    writeFile(fname, newar.read(f))
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 18, in writeFile
    with open(fname, 'wb') as fo:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'Q:\\Sound\\Sublime Text 2.0.1\\Data\\Packages\\SideBarEnhancements\\SideBarEnhancements-master/readme.md'

OK   
S0und

Postby c0ppo on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:48 pm

I've used package control for st3 without any problems. But just bought new machine, and didn't want to use tm backup, but instead went with fresh install.
So now when I try to use package control for st3, it installs, but when I use cmd+shift+p and type install, nothing shows up. Package control is installed tough.

Can any1 help me out here?
c0ppo

Postby tito on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 am

wbond, A lot of users complains our packages does not work with their version. It is bad to assume, that if there is a st3 branch, and the user is installing from ST3, to use that branch, instead of master?
Do you or anyone, have some recomendations?

Regards,
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Postby subhaze on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:25 pm

This should be possible in the 2.x release https://github.com/wbond/sublime_packag ... issues/462
subhaze

Postby tito on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks for the pointer.
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements