Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

Re: Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

Postby firefusion on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:29 am

F1
firefusion

Postby sean on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:44 am

sorry, i guess i meant the "meta selector". is there a hot key for that?
sean

Postby haggen on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:23 am

Clean installation of Windows 7, Sublime 1.2.2 download and installed normally, I got the ZenCoding zip, extracted it, double-clicked it, got that package-installation-full-of-win message, ran Sublime and... nothing works at all. :(

I mean, CTRL+ALT+ENTER, or F1, nothing happens, just the normal every-day sublime editor.

I want zen coding... :(
haggen

Postby protoplasm on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 am

This may be a daft question, but is the file type (you can check in View -> Apply Syntax Highlighting) set to HTML or CSS?

I don't know if it's relevant, but I had an issue installing from the zip myself, in that the Packages\ZenCoding directory itself had nothing in it but another directory that contained all the package contents. Once I moved everything under that directory one level up the hierarchy (so I had some .py and .pyc etc. files in Packages\Zencoding) it fixed my issue. Sorry if that's a bit unclear, it may be a red herring anyway.
protoplasm

Postby haggen on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:23 pm

protoplasm wrote:This may be a daft question, but is the file type (you can check in View -> Apply Syntax Highlighting) set to HTML or CSS?

I don't know if it's relevant, but I had an issue installing from the zip myself, in that the Packages\ZenCoding directory itself had nothing in it but another directory that contained all the package contents. Once I moved everything under that directory one level up the hierarchy (so I had some .py and .pyc etc. files in Packages\Zencoding) it fixed my issue. Sorry if that's a bit unclear, it may be a red herring anyway.

That's it!!

Thank you very much, you made my day! xD

Just moved the content of zencoding/ (some .py's like you said) one level up (the ZenCoding package root) and bingo! It works!

Best regards dudes, cya!
haggen

Postby firefusion on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:59 pm

The html 5 snippet is still in Russian.

Also At the moment C TAB outputs color:#000; and jumps you to the next line. I really like to enter a hex after the hash before going to the next line (as i'm sure most people would). Same with "bgc" and a few other commands.
firefusion

Postby kveldulv on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:53 pm

haggen wrote:Clean installation of Windows 7, Sublime 1.2.2 download and installed normally, I got the ZenCoding zip, extracted it, double-clicked it, got that package-installation-full-of-win message, ran Sublime and... nothing works at all. :(

I mean, CTRL+ALT+ENTER, or F1, nothing happens, just the normal every-day sublime editor.

I want zen coding... :(

There are some better examples/documentation you can copy from here: I've hotlinked the animations that explain it here too.
http://code.google.com/p/zen-coding/wik ... enCodingEn

> F1

F1 will only work for CSS files.

> CTRL+ALT+ENTER

Only works for HTML files (for me anyway).

Make sure you are setting the DOCUMENT TYPE properly. Otherwise it will NOT work no matter what you do.
- In the very bottom right hand corner of the editor window. Where it says "Plain text | Windows" , change plain text to HTML. For CSS, change it to CSS).
- Or you can just make a new file called "blah.html" with nothing in there, then type html:4t then hit TAB.
- This will work the same with .CSS files too.
- There's a list of all the shortcuts and what they expand to on the google code site.

Don't worry, you're not the only confused person around here :) The documentation is a mess, but once you get your head around it, you'll be sweet.

Hope this helps.

HTML - note the HTML in the bottom right hand corner.

CSS - note the CSS in bottom right.
kveldulv

Postby firefusion on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:17 pm

Thanks for the fixes. What key combo is the CSS selector?
firefusion

Postby EJ12N on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:39 pm

firefusion wrote:Thanks for the fixes. What key combo is the CSS selector?

Code: Select all
<binding key="ctrl+alt+enter" command="zenAsYouType css">
      <context name="selector" value="source.css"/>
   </binding>
EJ12N

Postby sean on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:44 am

i can get zen coding dialog to open up in my status bar via ctrl+alt+enter, it says "enter koan", this works awesome.
but in this video below there is a dialog that opens up in the same place that says "css selector", how do i open that up?

thanks,
sean
sean

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion