Sublime Forum

C++ Not compiling multi-file programs

I am to compile a multi-file C++ program, and have the following error;

Undefined symbols for architecture i386: "included::printMSG()", referenced from: _main in ccQwMj1l.o ld: symbol(s) not[Finished in 0.3s with exit code 1] found for architecture i386 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

My code:
main.cpp: gist.github.com/3845822
included.cpp: gist.github.com/3845825
included.h: gist.github.com/3845827
(confirmed to work with g++)

EDIT: I am not putting these files in a project, they are just all in the same folder, and I’m compiling main.cpp

0 Likes

Don’t know if you figured this out yet, or if you still care, but here are some things that might help.

First, assuming you haven’t created any special builds, which I don’t think you did, it is probably using the default C++ build, which can be found in Packages/C++/C++.sublime-build. It looks like it only compiles a single file. Second, have you tried looking at the console output? It displays the command being run and can be accessed via “View -> Console” or the shortcut key “Ctrl/Cmd + `” by default.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Did you find a solution for this issue, I have the same. I think I know the cause, but since I’m not a familiar with developing on OS X nor Sublime Text 2 user I dont know how to fix it. I think it doesnt compile the .cpp files but only the header-files thus the implementations are undefined and the compilation fails.

writing this in terminal:
i.e g++ main.cpp test.h -o testbuild fails with same kind of error
g++ main.cpp test.cpp -o testbuild succeeds

I am using a freshly reinstalled macbook pro 10.7.5, new installed xcode with commandline toolset and fresh install of sublime no custom builds added. I really want a solution to this, any help is appreciated!

EDIT:
I just realised that I am stupid, and the issue is resolved by using a Makefile -_-

0 Likes