Sublime Forum

[Bug] Unable to connect to Sublime Text 2

See a mention about that there : Subl opens extra empty window

I still get this.

What about that?

0 Likes

i had this problem too after upgrade the version of SublimeCodeIntel package with package control >> upgrade all packages
fixed deleting the plugin folder ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/

then re-installed and its ok now :stuck_out_tongue:

using build 2165

0 Likes

I installed the latest version of Sublime Text 2 and have no SublimeCodeIntel, yet I have this issue. Any other ideas??

PS. I think it may have to do with my settings, I use:

“hot_exit”: false,
“remember_open_files”: false,

I always start with “$ subl .” when opening a project. With the default settings it would open the project twice if it was opened before, which I find undesirable.

0 Likes

I’m having this bug too, would love to know if/when anyone finds a fix.

0 Likes

I get this every day when I run subl without Sublime Text already open. The timeout seems a little too eager.

0 Likes

Anybody found a fix for this yet as it happens every time.

0 Likes

I JUST now figured out how to fix this. As with most solutions, YMMV, but here’s what I did:

I would get the “Unable to connect to Sublime Text 2” in Terminal whenever I typed “subl .” to open a directory in Sublime Text 2 (without ST 2 already being open). I’m running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 BTW with the built-in Firewall (under System Preferences > Security > Firewall) enabled. The solution for me was to go into the “Advanced…” settings for the Firewall, remove (the - symbol) Sublime Text 2 and then re-add (the + symbol) it in with “Allow incoming connections” selected. Hope this helps some folks.

0 Likes