Sublime Forum

Plugin Request: Select text between quotes

As the title says, I think it’s high time Sublime had a super lightweight plugin for letting me bind a keyboard shortcut to “select text between quotes”. As it stands, I can select text INCLUDING quotes, but really, when is that useful?

This works for brackets already, but somehow quotes were deemed less important. Editing HTML all day, this is regrettable :frowning:

Anyone up for this? I think you’d be received as a hero by many :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

This feature already exists in the BracketHighlighter plugin github.com/facelessuser/BracketHighlighter.

0 Likes

True, but the BracketHighlighter plugin is huge and does a bunch of other things besides this one small thing :neutral_face:

0 Likes

You are right, BH does other things as well. You have to match quotes so that you can then select what is between them BH does the matching and yes, can do other things that are related to matching if you want it to…such as selecting content. Originally I thought about releasing some features separately, but a lot of them all required the knowing of where the matching brackets starts and stops. BH already does this…why re-code the same stuff over and over again?

I have found, if there is no plugin that does exactly what you want, the best way to get it is to code it yourself :smile: . I have written a number of plugins for this very reason.

0 Likes