Sublime Forum

Running R through ST2

Dear all,
I’m try sublime for a little programming in R. However, it seems that ST2 is not presetup to pass any code to R, isn’t?
Do I need to tell the path or anything else?

Thanks,
D

0 Likes

My answer to that question is here (currently, third thread in forum):

I am glad that more people work with ST2 and R. The RTools package also needs more contributors…

0 Likes

Well, it seems that the available packages to work with R through ST2 is very immature yet. I was willing something at least close to what I have in TextMate. Here, whenever I need to run a line of code, ST2 needs to paste it to R console. It is really annoying. In my view, the package should send the code quietly and paste the results back above the command line in ST2. Much work we should do here hum. Thanks for the reply though.

0 Likes

You don’t need to paste anything to the R console. Just run the command and it’s executed in the R console. I don’t see why the result should end up in your ST2 file!? Doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s just going to clutter your .r file. I arrange the two window next to each other (ST2 on the right, R on top left, plot on the bottom left) so that you can see the output right away.

0 Likes